News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 Module Using Other Brand Pads?

Started by Cuban, November 15, 2010, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krillo

Quote from: Cuban on November 16, 2010, 08:45:37 AM
That is a shame.  :(
Actually I stumbled across a document that hints it does. It can be found here:
http://www.embeddedpriset.se/documents/Nominerade09a.pdf

It's in Swedish though.

edtc

sweedish is not as hard to understand than i thought ...:)  (if you know what you re supposed to read..)

I ve read somewhere in the forum that positionnal sensing required to have the sensor in the middle of the pad ... like roland or hart ones ... I ve never had the opportunity to try positionnal sensing by myself , but a lot of users ask for that on the forum  , so i imagine it could be nice and usefull expand ...

I dont know if the center sensor design is pattented or not , but maybe 2box could release a special snare pad with this design ,  update the OS for positionnal sensing support and create some nice multizone snare sounds ... i imagine that more samples are needed ( center , and some sounds between center and side of the skin ) .This is not an issue , as hi hat and cymbals can handle more than one sound ... Actual 12" snare pad could become a 4th tom ...

... This could open possibilities for those who use center sensor based pads ,DIY or from other vendors ... I truly think its a way to sell more modules and make more people speak about 2box ...

ddrum4se

My edrum kit, (Floor tom still to arrive to finish the kit).

rythm

Quote from: edtc on January 01, 2011, 01:24:43 AM
sweedish is not as hard to understand than i thought ...:) ... I ve never had the opportunity to try positionnal sensing by myself , but a lot of users ask for that on the forum  , so i imagine it could be nice and usefull expand ...
You´re right on spot, swedish is quite simple...
I´ve have a TDW-20 set and though they have have positional sensing, they´re not close to acoustics so the difference compared to DrumIt isn´t so big.