News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

I see it more along the lines of nature's warning signals: beware - killer drums ;)
Still, a ninja 2box kit would be pretty damn cool.

cabalestra

Quote from: puttenvr on August 20, 2009, 06:16:20 AM
(nevertheless) I Just got my kit

Hi Puttenvr,
A number of days has passed since you have got your kit: could you please share with us your opinion? I have read worrying messages about the hi-hat, cymbals and stand in other posts. What can you tell us after these few weeks of use?  ???

Thanks in advance and ciao.

Carlo.

wbrs

Yes please do tell us what's the verdict?

puttenvr

Hi

First, I am playing the DrumItFive at home and (at this moment) I am not using it live. When I will use the kit on stage, I shall change the rack. With this I don't say that the rack IS weak, but it LOOKS weak to me. Setting it up, felt like dealing with a toy. But once the rack was set up, it stands, and does its job quite good. It shakes a little, but not much and it doesn't affect your playing style. My acoustic drums do shake, too. Sometimes I discover a T-bolt wing nut of which I thought I locked it tightly, but (a) appearantly I didn't locked it enough or (b) it loosened itself a bit. In general: no major problems with the rack.

I don't have any problems with the cymbals, but they sometimes do play a little heavy. Perhaps the rubber covering dampens some light stick hits. I noticed that with some cymbal samples this problem is bigger than with others. The edge, bow and cup do trigger seperately good.

I don't have huge problems with the hihat. It's certainly NOT the most sensitive hihat around. The ddrum hihat was better and I played Roland hihats which were better. On the DrumItfive I have to raise my leg quite a lot for an open hihat sound. And sometimes it misses that sound. In other words: the hihat works, but it should be improved with the next software update without a doubt.
I don't have any problems with the hihat stand or bassdrumpedal, but I CAN imagine that some heavy players have. These hardware parts are not the strongest parts of the kit. I doubt if they will survive 10 gigs. For home use, they work.

The snare/rim triggering needs some adjustments. The RIM has a nice metal sound (probably you hear the trigger when you hit it). When you play the RIM and HEAD together there is a RIMSHOT. For playing a RIMCLICK you need to assign a x-stick sound to the RIM and adjust the GAIN and TRESHOLD settings on the RIM. In this case a RIMSHOT will sound like a snaredrum plus x-stick sound. You can also assign a separate rimshot sound to the RIM. But in that case you can't quickly change to a rimclick. E-drum companies struggle with that part.

In general: this is the best e-drum kit around, but some parts certainly could be improved!

wbrs

Thanks for info. Sounds like it's almost there.

HM

Thomann webshop estimates the next delivery to be on October 29. I hope we don't really have to wait that long!

rythm

My local dealer here in Sweden got one kit in august, which was sold immediately.
Next shipment - again, just one kit - will arrive in november they say.

Tommy_K

Hi guys,

I know this a little cheeky but just to let you all know that we still have a brand new boxed (in 2 boxes!) kit available for immediate delivery from our warehouse.

We are offering discounted shipping to countries outside the UK so send me an email to info@production-room.com and we will see what we can do for you...

All the best,

Tom.

Hekmat

Quote from: Tommy_K on September 19, 2009, 10:23:07 AM

I'll buy it right now, no lie! I've already sent an email, a message and tried calling haha.

Scottie

Quote from: Tommy_K on September 19, 2009, 10:23:07 AM
Hi guys,

I know this a little cheeky but just to let you all know that we still have a brand new boxed (in 2 boxes!) kit available for immediate delivery from our warehouse.

We are offering discounted shipping to countries outside the UK so send me an email to info@production-room.com and we will see what we can do for you...

All the best,

Tom.

Hey Tom

Sorry i didn't realise you guys still had one in stock, i thought that they both went.

Just as a little side not guys, Production Room is a great store that will take care of you. So if you were interested in purchasing a kit i would jump on this one!

Thanks
Scott

Tooltip

Yeees, I´ve bought the kit :D
It´s beeing shipped immediately!

Remi

Quote from: Tooltip on September 23, 2009, 08:00:05 PM
Yeees, I´ve bought the kit :D
It´s beeing shipped immediately!

Cool ;D, don't forget the review!

HowlingWolf

Has anyone got some up to date news on the next delivery to the UK music shops - particularly on the quantity being shipped out?

I've finally got mine ordered after a lot of stalling but I don't think I'm anywhere near the top of the back orders list so I'm worried that I'll miss out this time.... and obviously that means Christmas won't such fun at my house!   :D

Scottie

Hi HowlingWolf

Congrats on your order  ;D
The latest info that we have is that the shipment should be hitting the German warehouse next week, then they will be sent on to us. We are planning to have kits in to the english retailer the week commencing the 14th.

I would like to say a BIG thanks to everyone on here, that has been waiting very patiently for their kits.... we can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

Talking about light: when will the lights shine in the bass drum pad? It's quite dark now