News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum 4SE .mp3 files

Started by ericvanderwielen, October 08, 2010, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesursur

Can't wait to play(around) with that  "new" features. The random mode would be very usefull for my music. DVA adjust, ow .... can't wait :)

lite

Great ;-) let's share our results. I think it'll take some trial and error to get decent results and to know what all these numbers do :)

Slagverket

Nice thread. I just have to get my hands on a kit so I can join in this interesting "quest"... I have a few aces up my sleeve...  ;)

Mesursur

Yes, it will take a while.  Some things like roll and exp.dec seem to do nothing at all but (i've looked at the rom samples):

Almost all the snare samples have roll, exp.dec and DVA enabled.

Almost all samples have exp.dec enabled

I thought, maybe exp.dec means exponential decay. if the value is set high, the steeper the line. if - The faster your roll ,  then - The value of the normal decay will be less and will shotern the sample. The roll will be tighter.

Maybe roll has also something to do with this. The treshold for when exp.dec kicks in? or the algorithm for the roll like the ddrumAT modes in the AT (page 31 manual).  

puttenvr

I can't run the ddrumWav.Tool
Windows 7?

lite

@Mesursur
I only get DVA to work if I have set posphase other than OFF (1-255). Did you have DVA effects without posphase?

@puttenvr
A DOS window opens up if I run the tool. Do you have win7 as 64bit? I've got no experience with win7 and don't know, maybe this could help? http://www.dosbox.com/

lite

Quote from: Mesursur on November 11, 2010, 11:09:35 PM
or the algorithm for the roll like the ddrumAT modes in the AT (page 31 manual).  

you mean trigger related? not soundwise? mh ......

Mesursur

@ puttenvr

It's working on my dutch Windows 7.

<dutch>Je hoeft de Wave-tool zelf niet te openen . Gewoon zorgen dat de wave-tool en het .mid bestand in dezelfde map staan, het mid bestand op de wave-tool slepen, en dan pakt hij vanzelf het .mid bstand uit in dezelfde map.

Werkt dit nou niet, kun je altijd de compabilitiet aanpassen van de tool: rechtermuisknop op de wave-tool--> eigenschappen-->tabblad compabilitiet en dan aanvinken "dit programma uitvoeren in compabilitietsmodus voor: Windows xp sp3. -->ok (toepassen)</dutch>.

@Lite,
No, I ment, the lower te roll value, the more/less/other algorithm is enabled. So if the value is 0 , all rolls get the exp.dec. If the value is set to 7 , only the fastest rolls get the exp.dec.(or vice versa) Something like that.

It's difficult for me, for this matter, to make myself clear in English

Yes, the DVA is working without the postphase enabled(6 is very extreme)(software 2.08)

puttenvr

PS: I just converted some STOECK tom sounds. Always liked them very much on the ddrum4, but
nowadays you can't compare them with 2Box sounds, which are so much richer.

In addition: same for the Simon Philips sounds. Although they sound more Simon Philips like than the ''Mr Philips kit'' 'which is inside the 2Box, the ddrum sounds are kinda flat. Perhaps it's not the ddrum4, but the conversion process between the two sound formats.

TrommelTheo

I was in contact with Clavia and Armadillo. Everxyone could told me NOTHING to the rights. I think Armadillo just bought the Name and the electric but not the software. I bet Clavia still have the Editor-Software for DDrum4, they are opnly to lazy to make money with it. Ddrum4 was compressed for the 4th tim, they now excisting Sample-Editor for Nord is compressing for 8 times, nearly like the Drumit 5 ;). So it wouldn´t hurt someone, if Clavia would sell the Editor for money. They told me, they won´t be busy with 8 year old software... and i must see by my self where i could get other sounds for my Ddrum4.
And THAT´s what i wanted to hear: let us all feel free to hack the DDrum4, Clavia doesn´t care about, Armadillo doesn´t care about.
If someone is intrested in the answers from Clavia´s Tomas Johansson and Armadillos´s Chuck Turk, feel free to ask me...

Theo

TrommelTheo

BTW, just tried to convert .mid to wave-File.
When i play the Wave-File over Media-Player, i hear the sound as a Flam?
Theo

Krillo

The link for the ddrum4wav.zip tool is dead, could someone please post a working link?

thanks
/Krillo

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 12, 2010, 03:59:26 PM
PS: I just converted some STOECK tom sounds. Always liked them very much on the ddrum4, but
nowadays you can't compare them with 2Box sounds, which are so much richer.

In addition: same for the Simon Philips sounds. Although they sound more Simon Philips like than the ''Mr Philips kit'' 'which is inside the 2Box, the ddrum sounds are kinda flat. Perhaps it's not the ddrum4, but the conversion process between the two sound formats.

@ puttenvr kun je me even uitleggen hoe jij de ddrum midi files omgezet hebt naar dsnd?
@ /deve loper ,2box : the link is not working!!!

puttenvr

Met dat programmaatje dat erbij zat (ddrumWav.Tool)
Je mikt die files erop en dan presto
Maar bespaar je de moeite
Vergeleken met de 2Box sounds is dit nikx
Ligt aan de conversie, want die ddrum klanken klonken destijds prima