Author Topic: ddrum 4SE .mp3 files  (Read 42583 times)

lite

• View Profile
Re: ddrum 4SE .mp3 files
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:36:49 PM by lite »
ddrum3 turbo / ddrum4 / Simmons SDS V

Mesursur

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:24 PM »
No i have no idea  :). Thanks for the reply. Just read the ddrumAT  manual (page 7) about the gun effect and the two sound processing units. The simmons example you've mentioned, it is al done with the g-sense and f-sense parameter on the ddrum3(filter button). this can be done with all samples. I have done it with my samples. No hidden parameters(i think). I know the things you mention. Thanks

And dont be offended please.

http://www.clavia.se/ddrum/Files/     for the quick reference

P.S. are you one of the programmers of ddrum and 2box? DVA? (Drumhead Vibration Algorithm)?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:17:38 PM by Mesursur »
Question:What kind of module are you using? Alesis, roland?
Answer: whahahahaha

lite

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:35 PM »
Just read the ddrumAT  manual (page 7) about the gun effect and the two sound processing units.

Yes, page 7 states the drum head vibration algorithm. As the AT is much older it was probably the way to change a sound during playback as computing power was limited. However, two sound "players" itself won't kill the machine gun effect as long as you don't control them by a smart algorithm to change the sound as desired (-> DVA).

The simmons example you've mentioned, it is al done with the g-sense and f-sense parameter on the ddrum3(filter button). this can be done with all samples. I have done it with my samples. No hidden parameters(i think).

The Simmons sounds were an example of the user adjustable parameters/filters (not hidden/available in the ddrum3). But The ddrum3 filters are dynamic ones driven by velocity (in this example). The 2box doesn't have filters. It won't work. You just get the straight sample by transfering it into the 2box.

The hidden stuff is DVA,random,posphase,etc - depending on which dd3 sounds are affected.

And dont be offended please.

never  :)

Mesursur

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »
Ok, good, but one note, are the parameters not just stored in the sample/ kit presets? isn't that the logical explanation of the parameters. How do you know al this stuff? and last :), now my band buddies have to hear more boring facts about ddrum. They will kill me.

lite

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »
If I dump single sounds into the ddrum3 the related filter adjustments are transferred as well. I think if you just transfer an individual sample it is without anything.

I am eager to try the hidden stuff (DVA,...). random sample, random start point and posphase work with my own samples. But I didn't notice any difference when dialing in DVA with my own samples :-(

Well, your band buddies share the same fate with my band buddies  ;D ::)

Mesursur

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »
ok you can also download the complete ddrum4 cd from clavias own website(why didnt they just deleted this stuff?)

http://www.clavia.se/ddrum/Files/  (dont think they know)

the tool to convert the mid to wave is 7 posts back, at the beginning of the endless discussion about some ddrum things  ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:56:19 PM by Mesursur »

nonoduweb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »
Hem...If this "hidden stuff" (to avoid machine gun effect) is activated when the ddrum module receives midi messages, this will be sufficient to build a 2box sound...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:18:31 AM by nonoduweb »

lite

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »
You mean the other way round transfering 2box sounds into the ddrum3? You have to set this "hidden stuff" manually in the ddrum3. There is a certain button combination to be pressed in order to get access. Only the Clavia stock sounds have those parameters already set and they are dialed in already if you dump them into the ddrum3 (you have to usethe clavia software. MIDI dump only appropiate for raw samples). The other stuff is regular filter stuff in the normal ddrum3 menu.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:32:07 AM by lite »

nonoduweb

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

When the ddrum brain receives a midi note, does it play the corresponding sound randomly? Are these algorithms activated during midi reception to avoid machine gun effect?

Mesursur

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
@lite , Do you know the combination?  :rock:

Hey but the normal samples (without the hidden stuff) also sound great.  So there is no need to use the hidden stuff in the sample in order to get a great sound. Thats what I ment. Thats the same if the samples are converted to wave. Then its just a sample and can be used in the 2box (if it sounds good) Am i right. (this was my last item about this, so dont worry:))

Bill P

• ddrum4 SE V1.54
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »

Deve Loper

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
Hi.
The software for making the ddrum4 sounds was running on a 68k Mac from way back. The compression algorithm is nasty. So sorry, no software to make ddrum4 sounds today. The ddrum4wav program I carved out of the ddrum4tool program, so just decoding.
The MIDI sample dump stuff is single layer only with 9 different preset variations to add some velocity and filter action.
Deve.

Mesursur

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »
Ok, thank you developer for making that clear.

lite

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 07:29:57 AM »
@Deve: Thank You very much for the information. So the software runs on an old Mac with classic OS. I still have one in the cellar :) Would it be possible to use this software for compressing sounds to the ddrum4? That would be so great! :-)

@Bill P: That's very interesting! The ddrum4 would be much more powerful if the proprietary sound format would be published and own multisamples could be transfered into it with all the features as the stock sounds have. Did you edit the the MIDI files with a hex editor to change the values? I wouldn't know how to the start trial and error changes.

@Mesursur: Yes :) An experienced ddrum3 user was so kind to provide the button combination recently: http://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ddrum3&thread=25&page=1#71

@nonoduweb: yes, the ddrum3 sounds and its related settings/filters can be played via MIDI as well. Also the effects depending on position and damp (pressure sensitivity when holding down the drum head) are responding to MIDI.

nonoduweb

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply. :)