News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ludwig Black Beauty 1922 Drum Sample for 2box

Started by ANGR77, December 06, 2017, 05:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

After many hours of work on recording, editing and repackaging - I have together with Jouni at Big Jambo Studios created a pack of samples of a legendary snare for 2box.

Have a look:

https://youtu.be/N37eaANRRes

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Hi again!

If anybody is interested, I just wanted to add that more info about this legendary pack of samples for 2box (the pack consist of 10 different flavours) can be found on http://www.zourman.com

Thanks for watching!

Best regards

Anders
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

JRage

Looks like good offer to me. Have to check sounds later with earphones and perhaps will buy  :)
Thanks!
Posted by some mistake.

ANGR77

Thanks!! It is a bargain, if you think about that only the snare was bought for about $4k, the recording equipment it was recorded on costs like $1 million and the about 100 hours spent on recording, editing and pack it for 2box... :-)

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com

DeraldPrice

Just loaded up the sounds and tried them out. They sound amazing!

Thanks so much for making this available. A huge bargain at â,¬6.

teletom007

hello, first, the sounds are very good. Problem: I downloaded the dsdn and unzipped.
after loading in the drumit editor are the snare sound and rim sound the same?

ANGR77

H!

Many thanks for downloading the snare!

The sounds are ready to use, just to place directly on your 2box modules memory - without going through the Drumit Editor. (It is easier to do it directly on your 2box module)

Each sound includes both the head and rim or head and rimshot sound. You get both in dsdn filformat.

I see what you mean...In the Drumit five Editor - it is right that the snare sound request separate dsdn files for head & rim. (This is only for the snare...a bit odd design of the software...if you drag the snare to a Tom instead...you get both directly)

I would just drag the files directly to your 2box module instead.

Have a look in the manual how to install them on your 2box module: https://zourman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ZD_manual_Ludwig_BB_10.pdf

Included here is all nice info about the snare, the sample, microphones etc...

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

eyerichards

Loaded them into my module last night and had a thoroughly fun practise session. Well worth the price !!! Thanks for the early Christmas present Anders and I look forward to future samples from the Zourman Stables. Well done !!!!! :rock:

ANGR77

Quote from: eyerichards on December 11, 2017, 08:22:00 PM
Loaded them into my module last night and had a thoroughly fun practise session. Well worth the price !!! Thanks for the early Christmas present Anders and I look forward to future samples from the Zourman Stables. Well done !!!!! :rock:

Big-Big thanks!!

More samples are coming up! Stay tuned!!

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

ANGR77

Hi all!

I recently made an update on this legendary snares historical background, have a look. Me and Jouni are very amazed how many who has bought the snare so far....this will definitely open up for more samples for 2box. (You get 10 flavors of the snare for â,¬6...)

This 14×6.5″ Super-Ludwig Deluxe/Inspiration model is produced somewhere between 1924-1930. A couple of signs indicates that this legendary snare was a preproduction unit to a special artist and that it is therefore produced before 1924. The series was called Black Beauty because of the black shell finnish (often with engravings).

Jouni bought the 14×6.5″ snare from the legendary drumshop Pro DrumShop at Vine Street in Hollywood in 2009 for a fortune. According to Pro DrumShop, the snare had been left by the owner to be sold on consignment. The owner who left it was the legendary Drum Doctor, Ross Garfield. Ross is a well-known drum technician and supplier of drum equipment for some of the best-known bands in the world. (He supplied the drums to Metallicas Black Album) We can only speculate where this rare snare was been used when Ross owned it and during the time since 1920s. What we do know is that this snare showed up in Sweden and at Big Jambo Studios!

Take a look on https://zourman.com/products/ludwig-black-beauty-1922-snare-sample-for-2box/

Best Regards

Anders

ANGR77

Hi!
I just wanted to post that a 3 zone flavor (down mic based) of this legendary 1920s Ludwig Black Beauty Snare sample can be found in the factory library of 2box DrumIt Three. It is named ZD BB Dow Dry RSC can be found in /snare/3zones

I have also launched the complete pack with the rest of about 6 flavors of the snare especially for Drumit Three and to support 3 zones. Head, Rim & Crosstix in the same dsdn. This pack also works for DrumIt Five...but here you need to manually select between Rim or Crosstix sound.

Please note, to be able to utilize 3 zones on DrumIt Three you need to have a piezo, switch and switch based e-pad like the Yamahas. I have implemented it myself by using a piezo/piezo based snare + a Roland BT-1...but it will consume one extra channel...but it works great!

Thanks for watching!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com