News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

16GB SDHC Memory Card

Started by dane, October 06, 2010, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dane

franz-tanz

How did you do that?
Is there a slot for a memory Card? Seems so! WOW

nonoduweb

And we can keep the warranty? Great!  :rock:

fishmonkey

hmmm, if that's the case it should be possible to remove the card and use it in a card reader to speed up transfers...

Insider

Hi

Be very careful. I am informed you will run into problems, also your warranty will be void. Sorry I don't wish to spoil your excitement. Let me see what the details are and I will get back to you. Have you experienced any problems using this card?

dane

works very well No problems

roel

Quote from: dane on October 06, 2010, 03:44:16 PM

but was there a 4 gig card in it? did you do remove that card? or is there an extra memory slot?
looks great! , only the question why did they only use 4gig?

Baby Samus

Quote from: dane on October 06, 2010, 03:44:16 PM

Are you saying that the module actually has an SD card slot inside the unit with a 4GB card in it, and you simply replace the card, or are you saying this is a chipboard mod, i.e. you have installed a card reader yourself onto the module?

jopes

Oh my god.. :o That's so cool.

one stupid question.. is there a sim-card slot in there as well? That way you could like call people and play for them live!  :animal:

dane

Quote from: Baby Samus on October 06, 2010, 04:48:39 PM
Are you saying that the module actually has an SD card slot inside the unit with a 4GB card in it, and you simply replace the card, or are you saying this is a chipboard mod, i.e. you have installed a card reader yourself onto the module?

I simply replaced the card
format a sdhc card FAT32, 32 kbyte cluster in the card reader
put all sound files

Baby Samus

Quote from: dane on October 06, 2010, 06:41:59 PM
put all sound files

So you are saying that if I open my module up, I will find there is already a card slot with a 4GB card in the module?

roel

Quote from: dane on October 06, 2010, 06:41:59 PM
put all sound files

can you explain this...

dane

Quote from: Baby Samus on October 06, 2010, 06:57:25 PM
So you are saying that if I open my module up, I will find there is already a card slot with a 4GB card in the module?

yes.....

Baby Samus

Quote from: dane on October 06, 2010, 10:24:25 PM

yes.....

OMG!!  All you need to do is open the case, remove the old card and back it up, format the new one as per Dane's instructions and copy the old card data on and slot the card back in the module!  Thats so easy, well it sounds easy.  Did it need an O/S rewrite, and do you know if it can accept a 32gb or 64 gb card?

Well this is such good news.  Dane can you possibly write a little guide as to how you did it so we won't go wrong if we try - any tips you have would be much appreciated  ;D

fishmonkey

actually, given the slow USB1.1 connection, i wish the brain had a card slot on the outside...

sorry to sound like a nanna, but if you are not tech-minded, i wouldn't do this until your warranty runs out...