News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrums.com forum shutdown?

Started by lite, August 26, 2010, 09:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lite

Hi,

the ddrums.com forum is offline since weeks or even months. I understand it was hosted by the same people running the vdrum forum: Kraft Music ( http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...75&postcount=1 )

I've asked Kraft Music via email about the DDrum forum shutdown but did not get any information what's going on.

I know that the DDrum forum has been very calm recently but it was still a huge and brilliant source of information. Users have built up the content over years and it was the number one reference in the web if you wanted to look up something or troubleshoot. Unfortunately it's all gone now as the forum has been shutdown. That's really sad.

Does anybody know why it has been shutdown and all the content is offline now? Or is there just no administration at all and some technical issue caused the forum to stop working? Is the DDrum forum of no interest to Kraft Music anymore? Do they care at all? Or even plan to put it back online again?

I've recognized some ex-ddrums.com-forum-users over here ( puttenvr  :-) ). Maybe someone knows what's going on.

Thank You very much.

Cheers.

puttenvr

Not been there for over 1 year, or so
I noticed that the ddrum forum no longer wasn't visited that much, and some spammers took over the posting with adult content
So ... I can imagine why it is closed
Those were the days ...

drumsonly2002

That was a great forum. I miss it just for memory sake. Be nice to have it just to read the old posts. I am sure someone has it on their hard drive but hosting a forum just for memories probably not financially smart. the new must take over the old = progress. Thank goodness for Drummit 5.

lite

@puttenvr: Yes, that's true. However, there is no smart and responsible way to just kill years of archived knowledge as there are still many DDrum users out there. read-only-mode would have been a nice way. I would love to see the knowledge coming back online as I still stick to my DDrum3+4 combo. I'm not ready for 2box after I've played on it several times.

sam(otacon28)

It doesn't really seem that anything is gonna happen anytime soon with the Kraft forum :( .

I'm guessing if there still was an amount of ddrum electronic gear out there for sale as far newer products ( like the other companies have ) then the demand for a online forum would be a little of a priority .

Not to say that this would replace what us ddrum users have lost with the Kraft forum being closed down , but with some collective effort we might be able to get something up again .

For those interested check this link out :

http://unofficially-ddrum.proboards.com/index.cgi

sam(otacon28)