News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Got my kit yesterday

Started by Simpan, August 01, 2009, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpan

Got my kit yesterday. It's pretty awesome, only thing I don't like is the hi hat which I'm having some trouble with. The sounds are however the best I've ever heard. Been talking about it here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47536

Pics: http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab92/Simpan_2Box/

UC

Hey man, great gallery - I'm more than a little jealous :)

Simpan

Quote from: UC on August 02, 2009, 12:44:18 AM
Hey man, great gallery - I'm more than a little jealous :)
Yeah thanks. The kit is overall terrific and I'm with some help from Scottie here on the forum starting to solve my hi-hat issues. I'm so glad I didn't buy a TD9 ;)

boekhour

Simpan, looking at your first opinions I conclude:

1) The kit sound very good, better than anything you have heard before (including high end Rolands)
2) The kit has a nice realistic feel when playing it and drumrolls sounds like drumrolls. so no MG34 ;-) (lekkere dichte roffel, puttenvr)
3) Setting it up was difficult due to the lack of a descent manual
4) Some delivery problems, usb cale, sofware etc
5) Some crostalk problems which can be solved with finetuning
6) For appartments players: bassdrum is a bit noisy, the other pads are quite.

Point 1 and 2 makes this kit a winner, 3 and 4 is not important for me personally. Point 5 might be a problem for heavy-hitters.
The only thing what's really important is how it sounds and how it plays, that's what counts, others are minor issues for me

Looking forward at puttenvr review also...

Remi

Hallo boekhour,

Where did you bought the kit?

boekhour

Quote from: Remi on August 02, 2009, 09:58:04 AM
Hallo boekhour,

Where did you bought the kit?

If you read my post carefully you'll understand that I don't have the kit but it's a summary from what I've read from Simpans comments on another forum (vdrums.com).

puttenvr

Quote from: boekhour on August 02, 2009, 09:40:42 AM

I am looking forward at a kit ...

Remi

I was so excited that I read only the important stuff and missed the first sentence  ;D

boekhour

Quote from: Remi on August 02, 2009, 10:54:36 AM
I was so excited that I read only the important stuff and missed the first sentence  ;D
I understand, ha ha

Simpan

Quote from: boekhour on August 02, 2009, 09:40:42 AM
Simpan, looking at your first opinions I conclude:

1) The kit sound very good, better than anything you have heard before (including high end Rolands)
2) The kit has a nice realistic feel when playing it and drumrolls sounds like drumrolls. so no MG34 ;-) (lekkere dichte roffel, puttenvr)
3) Setting it up was difficult due to the lack of a descent manual
4) Some delivery problems, usb cale, sofware etc
5) Some crostalk problems which can be solved with finetuning
6) For appartments players: bassdrum is a bit noisy, the other pads are quite.

Point 1 and 2 makes this kit a winner, 3 and 4 is not important for me personally. Point 5 might be a problem for heavy-hitters.
The only thing what's really important is how it sounds and how it plays, that's what counts, others are minor issues for me

That's about right, yes. Now I'm a bit grumpy though, 'cause I just noticed one of my mesh heads is broken (some strings have broken up). Most likely it has been damaged in transport because it's the right rack tom, and I've barely even played on that one, mostly been hitting the snare and floor tom and they show no signs of damage at all... Also, I'm having some trouble with playing audio from an external source. Could be a problem with my module in particular, the os, or the cable itself. Going to try to sort this all out tomorrow.

ber0ni

Simpan what is the size of the pads...also how stable is the rack?

Simpan

Quote from: ber0ni on August 03, 2009, 05:37:55 AM
The snare is 12 inch and the toms are 10. They feel really big and nice, love the pads so far, might invest in the rubber pads later though 'cause I find mesh to be too bouncy for toms. The rack is very stable, although it seems as though it vibrates pretty much so there are some crosstalk issues between toms and cymbals (allthough they only crosstalk if I hit the rim). I'll solve that by putting the cymbals on seperate stands, just haven't had the time.

Scottie

Quote from: Simpan on August 03, 2009, 10:33:42 AM
The snare is 12 inch and the toms are 10. They feel really big and nice, love the pads so far, might invest in the rubber pads later though 'cause I find mesh to be too bouncy for toms. The rack is very stable, although it seems as though it vibrates pretty much so there are some crosstalk issues between toms and cymbals (allthough they only crosstalk if I hit the rim). I'll solve that by putting the cymbals on seperate stands, just haven't had the time.

Hey Simpan

Have you tried turning the gain down a little bit, to see if it stops the cross talk when you hit the rim?

Scott

Simpan

Quote from: Scottie on August 03, 2009, 01:26:56 PM

Hey Simpan

Have you tried turning the gain down a little bit, to see if it stops the cross talk when you hit the rim?

Scott
No, I'll try that. However, I can very easily just put them on some old stands I've got left over from a really old drum kit I just scrapped, so It's no big deal. Allready moved the hi-hat to another stand 'cause I couldn't place it where I wanted to when it was stuck to the rack ;).

roel

I have also these problems with the rims so when I hit the rim of tom1 tom2 or tom3 they crosstalk together with cymbal 2.How can I solve this problem? for the rest I don't have any problems with my set. So iam very happy with the 2box set.