News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box and Superior Drummer 2.0

Started by hefu, August 04, 2010, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

please everybody post their SD 2.0 mapping presets if you have.

MarkuZ

Quote from: Manfred on October 05, 2010, 09:15:39 PM
The 2Box does also a kind of randomizing. You can turn it on and off at the kit-enevlope page. At my kit it works fine if the number of samples is high enough, lets say 50 or more. At the beginning i even had the problem that it is too much randomizing because SD did it and also the 2Box-brain. After reducing the randomizing in SD a bit it works fine.

In my opinion the key is the number of samples for a sound. If you use a very large number of samples it is very difficult to trigger the same sample twice, with or without randomizing. But i agree that it is not easy to create good sounds because of all these options and parameters you can set or adjust.

Ah, really?

I ve thought that this is only for internal Sounds.
Would Be cool.

I Must try this now to Be sure!
;)

Thanks for that hint!

Manfred

MarkuZ

@Manfred

You mean the Layer Parameter right?
Yes it seems to work, but is this a real Round Robin?
For my opinion after Reading the Manual I ve thought that this only randomize between velocity layers and Not different Sounds for wach Layer!

@Protools
Where did you See 2Box in Kontaktplayer?

Quote from: MarkuZ on October 10, 2010, 09:09:57 AM

Dagger

I've finally had the time to complete my setup of Superior and 2-box! Everything is working great (i even got mute to work on the crash, even though 2-box doesn't support aftertouch). I'm using "cubase essential 5", but all the settings has been done in SD. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Daniel

Quote from: Dagger on October 11, 2010, 09:44:56 AM
I've finally had the time to complete my setup of Superior and 2-box! Everything is working great (i even got mute to work on the crash, even though 2-box doesn't support aftertouch). I'm using "cubase essential 5", but all the settings has been done in SD. If anyone is interested, let me know.

sure i am interested. can you upload the midi preset files?

for which kit did you do it?

duckers

Hello Dagger,

Yes please!!! I am also very interested. Can you post the drum map for Superior/2Box or send it by mail?
It must have been a lot of hard work. I know it is tricky. Well done!!!

Regards
Duckers

Dagger

I will upload the settings file tonight when i get home. I can upload a combined preset based on the "avatar-session 1". You might have to change the mixer settings since i output to multichannel to the daw.

duckers

MarkuZ

Hello Dagger, can i get the settings too?

best regards Markuz

Quote from: Dagger on October 11, 2010, 10:56:42 AM
I will upload the settings file tonight when i get home. I can upload a combined preset based on the "avatar-session 1". You might have to change the mixer settings since i output to multichannel to the daw.

STEPHANELW

Hello Dagger
You are the man !!!! I'd love to get the settings too .
Best Regards
Stephan

Dagger

Since i couldn't find a way to upload/attache the file to the post, here is a link:

http://www.easy-share.com/1912597294/2BOX_SD_Settings

To avoid confusion this file should be opened from within Superior drummer menu "load/save" combined preset. Just copy the file to the "preset folder":
eg. "C:\Users\xxxyyy\Documents\Toontrack\Superior2\PresetsEZX\SL-AVATAR\Combined"

In the 2-box module make sure that the "pedal" value is set to CC1 (unit -> node-menu. hit the hi-hat if you have a different pad selected)

*** Check later post for updates ***
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,418.msg5243.html#msg5243

My setup is the following:
Dell Latitude D630 (Windows 7 64-bit)
Cubase Essential 5 (32-bit)
Edirol UM-1SX Midi interface
Steinberg CI2+ USB audio interface (with asi4all drivers, works better than Steinberg's own drivers...)

Dagger

..and yes, i know the download process is a pain in the a**. If anyone has a better place for the file let me know.

Daniel

hmmm... i loaded the preset but i get no sound even when i click the set in SD.

the only think which is working is the bassdrum.

i am on superior 2.2.2

Dagger

oh, i forgot. I'm using the multi-channel output in cubase. In the mixer settings in SD right-click on any "output" and chose stereo.

Daniel

Quote from: Dagger on October 11, 2010, 07:15:11 PM
oh, i forgot. I'm using the multi-channel output in cubase. In the mixer settings in SD right-click on any "output" and chose stereo.

well, now the snare works and one tom and one cymbal. but theres the hihat on the tom and a rimshot on the cymbal. haha. ;)