News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Recording with VST or audio interface?

Started by p929, July 31, 2010, 08:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p929

Hi folks,

I want start recording some basic stuff with my set. I'll use Cubase. I was just wondering what would be better between using a simple midi-usb interface for triggering some sounds from some VST (like addictive drums) and recording those sounds, or buying a proper audio interface for transmitting output sounds directly from the module into cubase.

I've read that Addictive Drums has some nice samples, but on the other hand, if we feel so proud of the 2box samples, why do we want to record another ones? Also, how easy is to reproduce the dynamics of the performing. I know that midi transmit the 'midi velocity', but is the final dynamic response of the VST as good as the one from the module?

But if one considers the idea of buying a audio interface, the issues about double triggering (mainly from HH and kick...as far as i've read) make it a little bit tricky, doesn't it?.

I want to hear some experiences and opinions. Also,would be great if someone might recommend me some affordable interface  (around US 250).