News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New sounds from 2box

Started by nocturnodrummer, August 07, 2019, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocturnodrummer

Hello! 2box shared the news on Facebook that they uploaded new samples. Unfortunately, the download page on their website does not say which sounds are new. There's a filter called "latest" but I think I already heard it all. Does anybody know which sounds were added ? Downloading all of it individually and comparing it with the ones I have on my disk will take forever ::) cheers

ANGR77

We had this discussion on fb...yes I agree...but I had not been seeing the “latest” sorting function.

If using this...and skips all the metronome/ trigger sounds (forwarding pages)...the first sound which comes up is a 10” Swiss splash. It looks like this cymbal is not on my Three factory lib of splashes.

http://2box-drums.com/content/10-swizz-l-splashaudio-srchttp-2box-drums-com-wp-content-uploads-2019-04-swiss-l-10-splsh-mp3-volumefalse-progressfalse-copy/

I have also my own landmark, the Zourman 1920s Ludwig Black Beauty Snare...which was introduced when launching the DI Three. It shows up on download page 6 in the sorting list. I would claim it is one of the newer ones but still not too new. :-). Based on this...I think the “latest” sorting list will give you some idea what is new or not.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Ahh…

It looks like 2box is updating sounds today...this morning my snare was on page 6...it has now moved to page 7. ( Using the "latest"  as sorting. I also do see new sounds on page 1 now. Disco Kick etc...

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Sorry but those are not "new" sounds, it's simply the original sounds of the drumit 5 and drumit 3 uploaded individually.

nocturnodrummer

Yeah, I thought so. All the names look familiar. All the hype just for nothing really  ::)

ANGR77

Best Friends.

We have today gone from 552 to 613 sounds in the library ...:-)

For sure not much new .... but I think 2box is building a nice monster with great sounds!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

tsss27

There are some new ones in there (or at least some not included in the DI5 or DI3 factory zips.) A few cymbals were new, 14" EUSCF Crash (presumably this is a Meinl Soundcaster Fusion crash?) I only remember seeing larger sizes previously.
Regardless, this will help those who may not have all the sounds audition the rest and see if they need anything. It's not a bad thing in my view.

edcito

Yeah, it's not a bad thing, in fact 2box never mention the word "new" in the announcement:
"Great news for the weekend!
We have expanded the sounds section on our homepage.
More than 350 2Box Sounds are now available for download including pre listen function.
There will be many more categories within the next weeks…
Enjoy!"

It was then a problem of interpretation and a misunderstanding :-)
and yeah, the EU 14 SCF Crash you mentioned is "new" since it's not in the drumit 5 or 3, but not in the sense of time since it's from april 2011...

nocturnodrummer

From their Facebook profile. There's a big fat "new" now  8)

jimmyhoud

hello !

is there anyone who download all the sound from the website and can share them in a zip file please ?

or is there a possibility to dowload all in one time on the website ?

it's very long to DL one by one all he sound from the site.

I don't understand why 2box don't give this possibility like before.

Thanks for all

edcito

As mentioned before, not all sounds are new but are the sounds found in the 2box drum it 5 and 3, if you need those just download the card content for both and merge them, however I found these are indeed "new" or added since September 2018, when there were 92 sounds not found in the modules yet, you can download them here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apbbfhss1Va_gc5cV1NFNEegkZHLIA?e=4xm3JJ

ANGR77

Hi!

The sound library have grown today from 613 to 666 sounds!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

ANGR77

The sound library have grown today from 666 to 687sounds!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

ANGR77

The sound library have grown today from 687 to 725 sounds! Thank You 2box!

Best Regards

Anders / Zourman.com

paulf707

I am grateful for 2Box's continued support for us by continuing to provide new sounds.....

But, I am a little disappointed by the lack of care and attention to detail from whoever manages 2Box's website. I've just downloaded the latest 60 sounds from the site; there are 7 duplicates (and one triplicated) and I think there were one or two others with mis-matching names and filenames.
I know many of you will think this doesn't matter (and maybe it doesn't) - but it doesn't really put 2Box forward as a professional company.
As a 2Box (and ex ddrum4) owner I know how good these products are; but they are always let down by the way they are promoted and managed.

Also, most of the recently released samples seem to be loops and electronic sounds - maybe that's a conscious effort to widen the appeal?

Hopefully they are saving the 'good stuff' for the release of the new module - let's hope we see some amazing new kits / cymbals - and that they are made available to us Mk 1 owners  ;D