Author Topic: 2Box MIDI Presets for Superior Drummer 3  (Read 669 times)

Dassman

• View Profile
2Box MIDI Presets for Superior Drummer 3
« on: June 29, 2019, 08:56:55 PM »
I have 2box and drumit 5 connected to a laptop and use SD3 as plug in for recording. I am not satisfied with the present supported midi mapping in SD3. I wonder if anyone have a done their own midi mapping in SD3 and willing to share it on the forum?

Thanks,

HasseFX

• View Profile
Re: 2Box MIDI Presets for Superior Drummer 3
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
I've been using my Drumit 5 kit (3 toms, 3 cymbals) a few years with SD2 and have recently moved everything to SD3 and it works as a charm. Most tweaking have been to ajdust the response of the 2Box to suit my playing style, but I have done a few changes in the SD3 Drumit MIDI map as a result.

Could you please describe what you think is not functioning as you like?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:24:32 PM by HasseFX »

edcito

• coming back to life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 08:41:32 AM »
The midi  used by the 2box is weird and to this day I haven't got a clear answer from them as to why is it like that, but I use the SD3 2box mapping that even has two, one for the drumit 5 and one for the drumit 3 and it works perfectly, but there is one detail almost no one knows regarding the hihat part of it: make sure the PED setting in the Unit-MIDI page is set to CC4▼!, which sends data continuously and works better for the SD3 hihat.
By default is set to something else, I can't remember, but just set it to the above value and you'll be fine.

HasseFX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:21:46 PM »
The midi  used by the 2box is weird and to this day I haven't got a clear answer from them as to why is it like that, but I use the SD3 2box mapping that even has two, one for the drumit 5 and one for the drumit 3 and it works perfectly, but there is one detail almost no one knows regarding the hihat part of it: make sure the PED setting in the Unit-MIDI page is set to CC4▼!, which sends data continuously and works better for the SD3 hihat.
By default is set to something else, I can't remember, but just set it to the above value and you'll be fine.

Regarding the Drumit 5 HiHat CC it is set to CC01 (modulation wheel) by default, and SD3 reacts to CC04. However, the Drumit 5 preset in SD3 e-drum setting remaps the incoming CC01 to CC04 by default, so it is not necessary to change the Drumit 5 CC-setting if that preset is used (as is, or as template for modifications).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:30:43 PM by HasseFX »