News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box MIDI Presets for Superior Drummer 3

Started by Dassman, June 29, 2019, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dassman

I have 2box and drumit 5 connected to a laptop and use SD3 as plug in for recording. I am not satisfied with the present supported midi mapping in SD3. I wonder if anyone have a done their own midi mapping in SD3 and willing to share it on the forum?

Thanks,

HasseFX

I've been using my Drumit 5 kit (3 toms, 3 cymbals) a few years with SD2 and have recently moved everything to SD3 and it works as a charm. Most tweaking have been to ajdust the response of the 2Box to suit my playing style, but I have done a few changes in the SD3 Drumit MIDI map as a result.

Could you please describe what you think is not functioning as you like?

edcito

The midi  used by the 2box is weird and to this day I haven't got a clear answer from them as to why is it like that, but I use the SD3 2box mapping that even has two, one for the drumit 5 and one for the drumit 3 and it works perfectly, but there is one detail almost no one knows regarding the hihat part of it: make sure the PED setting in the Unit-MIDI page is set to CC4â–¼!, which sends data continuously and works better for the SD3 hihat.
By default is set to something else, I can't remember, but just set it to the above value and you'll be fine.

HasseFX

Quote from: edcito on August 12, 2019, 08:41:32 AM
The midi  used by the 2box is weird and to this day I haven't got a clear answer from them as to why is it like that, but I use the SD3 2box mapping that even has two, one for the drumit 5 and one for the drumit 3 and it works perfectly, but there is one detail almost no one knows regarding the hihat part of it: make sure the PED setting in the Unit-MIDI page is set to CC4â–¼!, which sends data continuously and works better for the SD3 hihat.
By default is set to something else, I can't remember, but just set it to the above value and you'll be fine.

Regarding the Drumit 5 HiHat CC it is set to CC01 (modulation wheel) by default, and SD3 reacts to CC04. However, the Drumit 5 preset in SD3 e-drum setting remaps the incoming CC01 to CC04 by default, so it is not necessary to change the Drumit 5 CC-setting if that preset is used (as is, or as template for modifications).

edcito

Quote from: HasseFX on August 12, 2019, 07:21:46 PM
Regarding the Drumit 5 HiHat CC it is set to CC01 (modulation wheel) by default, and SD3 reacts to CC04. However, the Drumit 5 preset in SD3 e-drum setting remaps the incoming CC01 to CC04 by default, so it is not necessary to change the Drumit 5 CC-setting if that preset is used (as is, or as template for modifications).

I think it's better to change it to cc4, I just try the default cc1 with Addictive drums 2 and I get no splash out of the hihat, changed it to cc4 and splash was triggered immediately...

Amlmusicmaker

Hey, Im new here.
2box drummit 5
Superior drummer 2
Stealth triggers
2box Hi hat conversion kit

Hello, I have J man's equipment. Main issue is with getting the hi hat to trigger all hi hat articulations within Superior drummer 2. Only 1 sound will stick.

"I tried everything" ... "I think" checked the midi signal output from machine.
Tried CC1 CC4 A#1 stuff like that. It appears that Superior does switch my mapping keys to suit its default synchronizations ya know..

Please help or point me to who can

thanks

HasseFX

Quote from: Amlmusicmaker on September 16, 2019, 12:46:43 AM
"I tried everything" ... "I think" checked the midi signal output from machine.
Tried CC1 CC4 A#1 stuff like that. It appears that Superior does switch my mapping keys to suit its default synchronizations ya know..

Are you triggering the "Hihat Pedal" articulation? It's the only one that reacts to pedal CC.