News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

10" Tom Pad Strength Test!

Started by Scottie, July 26, 2010, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Hello Everyone,

Recently I have seen a few people on different forums question the strength and durability of the DrumIt Five pad system. So today we decided to have a little fun and do a test, to see if the a 10" Tom pad could take a bit of punishment.

Please keep in mind that this video is very rough, but we wanted to show you the raw footage, so you can see that it hasn't t been doctored in anyway.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&v=nf0uvj0nfGQ

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

puttenvr

nonoduweb

I propose this thing for a future test.

Evy

I figure if the rims survive a bashing from my 2 and 4 year old boys, they can survive anything ;)

Baby Samus

Quote from: Evy on July 27, 2010, 03:33:08 PM
I figure if the rims survive a bashing from my 2 and 4 year old boys, they can survive anything ;)

Brilliant video guys what a laugh  :D

I don't think any of us doubt the strength of the shells or the polycarb rims, but I still have my doubts about the polycarb rim's playability as a drum surface.  It still feels a little too loose and plasticky to hit.  Sure the materials are strong but anyone who has played a roland or yammy kit will know what I mean.  For example Roland rims are just a normal drum hoop except they have a thick rubber o-ring around them, which took me 5 years to break through the rubber on one pad (the snare of course  :))  Its a nice solid surface, yet still has a little rebound in it.  The rim also sits up a little higher which is nice.  I think part of this 'solid feel' comes from the fact that the rim is fixed to the shell of the drum in the standard way, with tension screws, and also re-inforced by thick rubber.  This makes strikes feel more solid imo.  2Box rims may be strong but they feel a little disconnected from the shell.  Sorry not knocking my kit I love it to pieces, just think the rims need re-thought...