News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Does 2 box MkII support FSR Triggers?

Started by Devious123, March 25, 2019, 04:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devious123

It says it can be used with any trigger mostly so I was just wondering. Never much cared for the Inbox, and having to use 9 volt batteries. I noticed now that they have a FTB box for powering six dual zone or 6 single zone.

welshsteve

You will need to power the Inhead/onhead separately. I have used the onhead with a Drumit5 and it worked great. You have to tweak it differently from a mesh head. I used RUB1 setting and had to set the curve to a NEG setting. But being the nature of FSR treashold and cross talk were not an issue. I honestly don't understand why that tech isn't more widely used.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Devious123

I was just wondering because there claims are that the Drummit 3, and the Drummit MkII can be used with any kind of trigger, so if that were true it should be able to be used with FSR.

I brought this up because I was on Alternate Modes website and they had the Drummit 3 on that sight, and in the information it said it could be "paired perfectly with the trapKat" which is a FSR tigger as far as I understand it.

https://www.alternatemode.com/synths-drum-modules-amps/drum-modules/drumit3-drum-module/

I sent a inquiry about the Drummit 3, and Drummit MKII FSR capability to the Alternate Mode support help on their website, so we shall see what they have to say about it.

welshsteve

Like I said, FSR pads (inhead/onhead or Alternate mode equivalent) will work with any of the drumit modules. And with a bit of tweaking you will get excellent results. But you will need to power them either from the inbox or the FTB box.

In reference to the Trapkat, that's done via midi and the trapkat powers its FSR playing services internally.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Devious123

Ok thanks I guess I'll have to consider if I want to put the money into getting a FTB or not then. Thanks for the help.