News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

splitters problems and acoustic triggers

Started by Sibblon, March 12, 2019, 11:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibblon

hi guys, its been a week and even more  that I'm having some problems with; i decided to splitters all the 4 toms so i bought this https://www.drum-tec.fr/cable-ypp117-diviseur , i tried to buy the hosa ones but they dont ship in europe, so i went for the drumtec ones cause apparently are the same model (ypp117).
So I explain my problems, i use a noise isolation platform underneath my drum kit cause i live in a flat, that means when i play the whole kit it tremble a little, when it does the splitters and cables from the module collide between them and make them trigger, that produce a weak sound for the tom or toms sometimes, obviusly im not hitting the toms when that happens, other times that happens when im not even playing at all, I try to resolve that by placing the modul out of the platform like that it doesnt move and i stick the cables to the modul stand with duck tape just to prevent them from moving, but no dice, I still having this problem. The second problem but not less important, I use 2 box triggit with mesh heads, suddenly while im playin the tom 3 just stop working, that happened often the last week, then I connect and disconnect the cable and sometimes it works the first time, sometimes I have to repeat the action several times for fix it until it appears again sadly. I use actrig1 as configuration for toms and snare cause all my toms are not bigger than 13", i dont know if the triggers configuration are that relevant but is better if i mention it, i guess.
hope i explained it well.
thanks guys for your help
Sib

welshsteve

If the cables are banging together, i.e. only the plastic casing is touching and it's causing it to trigger, sounds like you have the thresholds down way too low and perhaps they're not the best quality cables?

As for the trigit, sounds like the vibration from playing is causing the jack to come loose. Without a close look at it, can't be sure. But you could try maybe taping the jack plug to the casing of the trigit once it's inserted.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sibblon

Thanks for the help guys, I'd be really lost without this forum I will check out all the advises that you gave to me, and I already order the hosa splitters.
I will let you know if that works for me after applying all that.