Just for fun...I spent some time and developed my own hi-hat pedal...

Started by ANGR77, February 26, 2019, 10:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

:patbat2box:

I like to create stuff...(no surprises to many of you who have bought my conversion modules)

This time I created my own hi-hat pedal control. (!)

Have a look:
https://youtu.be/VteR6QWk5EA

It is IR based, no external PSU, 3D printed design and adopted to 2box native hi-hat support.

As said, I was just fiddling around for fun..and I am not sure it will be a product for the market.
But it was fun!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

mvdput

Very nice!

If I can use that with my Low Volume triggered hi hat, then I am in. :)

ANGR77

Hi!

We will see if I do a product of this hh controller. One problem with IR-based devices is that if you have other light sources in the environment - the signal could get disturbed. So the fear with a Low Volume HH...(where you have a lot of holes in the hh surface where the light could shine through) - is that this could make the pedal function unstable and not work. (Even the ATV hh is actually quite easy to make going banans on stage - when using a lot of stage lights.)

So some kind of white area under the top hi-hat is necessary. Otherwise it is working great!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com