News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New drumit5 module!

Started by welshsteve, January 24, 2019, 09:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Hey chaps,
Just seen some videos of a new drumit5 module. Looks like it's got a card reader this time! No doubt it's got the new universal triggering, anyone know of any other changes?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Slamstick

Het Steve . i am searcbing for that video. Do you have a link or something to access it?

Jman

Quote from: welshsteve on January 24, 2019, 09:44:48 PM
Hey chaps,
Just seen some videos of a new drumit5 module. Looks like it's got a card reader this time! No doubt it's got the new universal triggering, anyone know of any other changes?
That's pretty much it. And it will ship with the 32GB ATP card. No USB connection. You will use the SDHC card in a card reader on the computer like those of us are already doing who have done the external slot with larger card.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

Oh, and they are going to be selling full kits again. 20190124_110601 by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edcito

Meh.... knowing their impeccable release commitment this “new” drumit 5 will be available in 2022

ANGR77

Not knowing anything regarding the deliveries...but many of the parts for the DI5 MK2 are the same as in DI3...so I would estimate faster shipment dates than compared to the Three launch.

They are in a better position this time for the launch.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Rmiller

Does anyone know if the number of outputs are different than the 3 ?

welshsteve

It looks like it will follow the same as the previous drumit5, so it will have a total of 8 when including the headphone out as 7+8.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Hi!
There are some info about the new Five  MK Ii in the latest digitalDrummermag https://www.calameo.com/books/00430531041329884d7eb

It says the MK is about $200 higher priced than the Three and it is in production where the shipping starts in April.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

paulf707

Yes, and it also mentions some new sounds - hope they make those available to the older modules as well...….

Slamstick

Looks promising. I have the original drumit 5 extended. I  was thinking about saving up for a mimic but I want to upgrade in this century, lol! Being basically a home user this module would be plenty for me and could always add to the sounds with vst's and whatever sounds 2 box adds. For all we know, 2 box could have a mimic competitor in the  works already. The 3 was teasing in 2015 or 16 , now the new 5 coming out. Maybe a 6 is in the works?  Glad to see that 2box is alive and well . We were all doubting them with all the super late release dates which I anticipatete with ths new 5 as well. I waited 8 months for my first 2 box. We'll see

JRage

I noticed that there is no USB port on the back of the module anymore. Probably this is due to card reader on extender and higher capacity 32GB card. Or is this only for this prototype and will be back for real module later on?
Posted by some mistake.

zobeltek

Curious if by some chance, our current Drumit 5 modules might accept the software that drives the new DI MK2 so I don't have to sell the two modules I currently perform with to get all the benefits of the new MK 2 version?

Hopeful...

paulf707

Some of the benefits of the D3 have already appeared in the D5 OS releases, but those that relate to the hardware inputs are not going to translate to the original D5  :-[