News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi-Hat not triggering correctly

Started by sweatyalbanian, January 22, 2019, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatyalbanian

Hi everyone,

Had my 2box (DrumIt 5) for just over 3 1/2 years now and I love it, very new to the forum so forgive me if im posting in the wrong place.

Just received my brain module back after repairs maybe a week ago and the Hi-Hit doesn't trigger properly. It now only plays very open notes and the pedal makes no difference. Pressing the button on the module also plays with it open rather than closed or loose.

Anyone had anything like this before that they fixed or is it worth getting it sent off for repairs again  :'(
Is it worth possibly resetting the brain back to factory settings and if so, how do you do it?

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

ANGR77

Hi!

Just checking...have you tried to calibrate the hi-hat after receiving it from repair?
It is maybe obvious but you don’t mention this in your post...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

nocturnodrummer

I had similar problems with the hi hat. Search through my posts and read it. The topic name went something like "hi hat problem" First try to exclude the obvious things, cable, connection, calibration. Try newest software etc. If all fails, contact 2Box. The hi hat circuit board was updated some time ago, maybe 2box can help you with that. If you have any further questions I may be able to help you. Cheers!

BTW, what was wrong with the module in the first place that you had it repaired?