News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Are there particular pads that function best with the DrumIt3?

Started by nohumanape, January 20, 2019, 04:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nohumanape

I'm still looking to piece together a kit to accompany my DrumIt3. I've obviously been mostly eying Roland (PD105, PD125, KD120, CY14C, CY15R and VH12), but I'm wondering about other brands that function well with the Module. I know that the Strike Pro kit is kind of a mixed bag. I'd go that route if I wasnt so unsure about quality. Heard a lot of issues relating to nearly every pad.

But anyone have some positive recommendations that maybe aren't Roland? I'm just hoping to expand horizons.

Thanks.

ANGR77

Hi!

Most brands work with the Three.

Have you seen the compability guide from 2box?

http://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Compatibility-List-.pdf

There some exceptions. The ATV Ad-h14 hh don’t work (but there are solutions for this :-)) ...but all ATV cymbals work great.

Best regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

nohumanape

Quote from: ANGR77 on January 20, 2019, 07:06:41 AM
Hi!

Most brands work with the Three.

Have you seen the compability guide from 2box?

http://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Compatibility-List-.pdf

There some exceptions. The ATV Ad-h14 hh don’t work (but there are solutions for this :-)) ...but all ATV cymbals work great.

Best regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com
Thank you for the reply. I figure that if I stick with Roland, I should be safe. Was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with other brands that happen to be good alternatives to Roland.

welshsteve

Yeah you'll be safe with Roland. The Yamaha Pads TP and XP series also work really well!!! Yamaha Cymbals I didn't find as functional. But like the chap above said, most pads will work even if you do have to a little bit of tweaking after finding a trigger type that's close, it's a really versatile module!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!