News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Trigger settings for trigit

Started by EmilNyg, January 05, 2019, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilNyg

Hey! This have probably been asked before and if that's the case then just link it. (could not find anything)

I own a 2box module and use the trigit triggers with silent stroke heads(mainly the snare). The response is a little of, the soft hits don't register and If I turn up the gain it double triggers. I've tried with mask as well but can't get it to work.

If anyone have a simular setup I would be really thankfull if anyone could give some advice.
Thanks in advance

Best regards Emil

ANGR77

Hi!

I am using Silent Stroke with Roland RT-10S...works great on both DI5 and DI3.

What kind of settings are You using on your module for the trigit?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I had double triggering with a silent stroke and a drumit5. So I raised the mask time, no double triggering.

But...

It didn't catch flams and really fast press rolls. The simplest solution? get some foam to line the inside of the shell, about 1.5 inches thick all the way around. I did, lowered the mask time and threshold and it was great after!!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

EmilNyg

Quote from: welshsteve on January 06, 2019, 01:55:51 AM
I had double triggering with a silent stroke and a drumit5. So I raised the mask time, no double triggering.

But...

It didn't catch flams and really fast press rolls. The simplest solution? get some foam to line the inside of the shell, about 1.5 inches thick all the way around. I did, lowered the mask time and threshold and it was great after!!
I will have to try that, thanks alot!

EmilNyg

Quote from: ANGR77 on January 05, 2019, 08:40:33 PM
Hi!

I am using Silent Stroke with Roland RT-10S...works great on both DI5 and DI3.

What kind of settings are You using on your module for the trigit?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Type actr3

Xtlak medium

Level

Gain 20

Threshold -30

Curve neg1

Mask 3

Thanks fpr the fast reply!

ANGR77

Hmm...AcTR3 is for large drums...kicks...

I would have chosen the following settings for a snare:

Actr1, xtalk off, gain 8, thres: -44, curve pos1, mask 2, Lxtr vhigh

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

EmilNyg

Quote from: ANGR77 on January 07, 2019, 05:41:47 AM
Hmm...AcTR3 is for large drums...kicks...

I would have chosen the following settings for a snare:

Actr1, xtalk off, gain 8, thres: -44, curve pos1, mask 2, Lxtr vhigh

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Thanks alot! That really helped! I'm still not happy with the toms, do you use simular settings on those?

ANGR77

For smaller Toms: actr1, xtalk off, gain 4, Norm, Three -36, LXTR vHigh
Bigger Toms actr2, xtalk off, gain 4, norm, -36, LXTR vHigh

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

B.A.B.e.

Hello,

I'm also struggling to get the best response from Trigit triggers but with these heads:
https://www.drum-tec.com/meshheads/drum-tec-design-mesh-heads
Especially with kick drum (dble triggering)
Do I have to change something from what ANGR77 proposed ?

Many thanks

B.A.B.e.

B.A.B.e.

Hi guys, no one around to help me ?  :-\

I'm completely swimming (sinking in fact  ;D) with curve, mask, etc... options
If i had known it was so hard to achieve a naturel feel i'm not sure i would have decide to trig an acoustic kit !

Thanks

welshsteve

Re double triggering on a kick with trigit triggers, assuming you’re using a mesh head then I suggest
AC1 trigger setting, set mask time to about 2 but the best bit of advice I can give us to put a pillow or some form of dampening in the kick drum. A piece of foam about 2-4 inch thick stemming from head to head but covering the circumference of the drum. Do the gain and threashold stage as normal. That should give you excellent triggering. Assuming there’s isn’t a loose connection on the piezo of the trigit!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

B.A.B.e.

I'll try this and come back here to testify the results !

Thanks again