News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

my downloaded vst sounds won't play properly

Started by gorsepig007, December 14, 2018, 10:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorsepig007

hi i brought all software ie lustark and ezdrummer2 and reaper and it makes dsnd files but when i load them to the 2box  delay is at least 1 second after hit on drum and they won't play properly what am i doing wrong? i load all wav file in editor it converts them to dsnd im using 64bit ezdrummer and reaper got me stumped any ideas?

Lustar

Hi, did it produce .dsnd files when exporting with SDSE? It shouldn't be necessary to load wav files in the 2box Editor when exporting VST sounds, you should find .dsnd files in the "SDSE Sounds" folder.

If you found .wav files in the destination folder it's possible that Java is not installed and the sounds were not converted to .dsnd. This should fix it:
- uninstall all versions of Java from the computer.
- install Java 64-bit

I would check the dsnd files you created from wav using the 2box Editor by inspecting them with DSoundTool or playing them in the 2box Editor or DKit Manager (click from left to right on pad buttons to preview the different layers). If you find the same delay it's possible that they were created using wav files containing all layers and it would explain the 1 second silence. When using the Render button instead of the Export button that's normally used to export from VSTs it produces a wav file for each articulation, that can be edited if needed or converted to dsnd with the convert button or with DSoundTool. It's possible to use Render to produce individual wav files for each layer by checking "split" in SDSE Options > Render. But if you just want to export from EZ Drummer 2 to the 2box the Export button is the way to go. It should produce dsnd files that can be copied directly to the DrumIt module.

I hope that helps, don't hesitate to send a mail if I can be of any help with my programs.

gorsepig007

thanks yes i was getting wav files ill check this out cheers

gorsepig007

that worked as in im getting dsnd files now , but i have not had the chancr to load them yet im excited though cheers for your help great site here awesome cheers

gorsepig007

Lustar