News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kick drum trigger replacement

Started by Skinbeatersam, December 01, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinbeatersam

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and 2box.

I've been experiencing trigger issues with my MK2 kick, and I haven't seen a post on how to do this specific task.

I'm pretty sure I need to replace the piezo, so how easy are these things to take apart and put back together? Are there any videos, or even just some good advice?

The problem I'm having is a very numb kick, even with the threshold at -48. I've also tightened the mesh head to no improvement, so I'm going to open it up and have a look. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Skinbeatersam

Awesome news. I appear to have fixed the problem.

Here are my steps, so I hope that other users find this helpful if they have the same problem.

1) I removed the rubber insulator from the piezo trigger, as the wiring looked all good.
2) It was marginally better, so I went into the settings and adjusted the gain from 6 up to 12.
3) This appeared to have fixed the problem, but now the bass wasn't as balanced as the rest of the kit, so I repeated this on the snare and all 4 toms.
4) XTalk is at LOW on everything, but the cymbals
5) It now appears to work with the threshold at 0.

I know that some of these points are moot, but i'm really happy I haven't had to fanny about with soldering or potentially damaging the drums/triggers irreparably.

I'd still appreciate some advice on how to replace triggers, but for now, I'm so incredibly happy with the kit.

I've wanted one of these since 2009, and it is starting to behave like the one I tested, that made me fall in love with them.

:rock: :animal: :animal: :drum3: :patbat2box:

edtc

Quote from: Skinbeatersam on December 01, 2018, 07:51:07 PM

5) It now appears to work with the threshold at 0.

a standard value for treshold is more between -40 and -20 ...

Skinbeatersam