News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cable snake be gone

Started by Dobly, November 16, 2018, 07:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

After weeks of drilling and soldering I finished rewiring my rack and putting all the cables inside.

This kit started its life as can an Alesis DM10X Kit. It now sports a Drumit3 module, taller shells, a new triggering system and now a custom rack.

JRage

Nice job!

The kit color kind of adapted to th the blue-ish view trough the window   :)
Posted by some mistake.

Jman

Your kit looks great.
I opted out of putting my cables inside the rack. 1st, with the size of my kit I'm not sure they would all fit, LOL. 2nd and more important for me ..... I have replaced probably 6 or more cables in the last year alone. Not something I would want to do if they weren't easily accessible. I use corrugated wire channel on the inside of the rack tubing, which keeps things tidy and for the most part out of view.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dobly

Quote from: Jman on November 16, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
Your kit looks great.
I opted out of putting my cables inside the rack. 1st, with the size of my kit I'm not sure they would all fit, LOL. 2nd and more important for me ..... I have replaced probably 6 or more cables in the last year alone. Not something I would want to do if they weren't easily accessible. I use corrugated wire channel on the inside of the rack tubing, which keeps things tidy and for the most part out of view.

Thanks jman... Good point about adding cables.. Not impossible with the way i have done it. But not trivial.

One thing I did which makes it a tad easier is I have just 1 earth cable running around the kit. I call it 'One Earth to rule them all. So adding a new single zone pad is just one wire, and tap into the earth cable.