News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mixed up sound sources on the module

Started by nocturnodrummer, October 31, 2018, 05:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocturnodrummer

Hi guys, long time no see!

Last weekend I played at a wedding gig just as usual. I basically use two kits live, one acoustic sounding and the other electro kinda type. I changed from one kit to the other, started playing the song and all the sound sources were mixed up! When I hit the kick drum, the crash cymbal was triggered, hit the hi hat, and the ride cymbal was triggered and so on. It was all a bloody mess, non of the sound sources matched with the pads/inputs. It is the first time something like this happened to me. We had to take a technical break and apologize to the guests, it was super embarrassing. Fortunately, after rebooting the module all was fine and it didn't happen again.

Does any of you guys experienced similar issues? Do you have any idea what could cause such behaviour?

I appreciate your help. Cheers!

ANGR77

Hmm...

Never happened to me...or even seen it mentioned on this forum. I have done many gigs live with my DrumIt Five.

Version on the OS on your DrumIt Five?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

nocturnodrummer

Hi, thanks for you reply.

Oh boy, I don't remember the version of the OS. It is not the newest, but I believe second to last? I don't have the module with me to check. Well, neither did I heard about similar case before. If this happened at home I could investigate it but being it a live situation... First thought was just to reboot it and hope for the best. I use the original sd card, never had problems with it. The module was not humid or anything. I don't have any midi cable/interface hooked to it to interfere with the program change, midi transpose etc.

paulf707

When gigging in 'random' locations with an electric kit (or any sensitive electronic instruments), I always err on the side of caution and use surge protectors etc to reduce the risk of power problems. For outdoor gigs (using generators) I even had a small UPS to try and keep the power as clean as possible.
No idea if this was the cause, but worth a thought...