News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using the 2Box Editor from Card Reader on Computer

Started by Jman, October 28, 2018, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

I decided to put a quick guide to using the 2Box Editor or other programs like Drumit Mgr. using the 2Box Card after doing the external Card Mod. It all works fine, but the problem most have is you will get an Error the first time you try to use the Editor. The reason for the Error is the Editor needs to find your Card's Drumit File. Also, once you navigate the the Drumit file the first time in your Card Reader, from then on the Editor will go directly to your Drumit file as long as you are using the same reader on your computer, and you will not get the Load Error msg. again. Here are 5 pictures that will simplify things:

When you Open the Editor and get the Error, Press OK:
2Box Editor Load Error by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
Then Click on the Kit Bar which is next to the Sound Bar:
Editor Press Kit Bar Next to Sound Bar by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
Then you can Navigate to the Card Reader or Drive with your 2Box Card:
Editor Press Kit Bar by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
Highlight and Open your Drumit file:
Editor navigate to Drumit file by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
Whoalla ... now you are ready to go:
Editor Open Drumit File by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

Another nice thing about being able to navigate to your Drumit File:
I have lots of backed up Cards with different kits, configs, etc. on my PC. So I can go to the Card in the Reader if I want ..... But I can also go to any 2Box Backup I have on the PC from other cards and open those in the Editor or Drumit Mgr., etc. Since there are lots of 2Box owners that have done the Card Mod and cannot use the USB of the module to access the Editor, Drumit Mgr, etc you do not loose the option to use any programs, you just do it through the Card Reader now .... hope it helps, J

MatthiasFrommann

Hey,

I can open drumit.dkit in the editor, no problem at all. but when I'm trying to open other kits like warlock.dkit the error message appears.

Jman

Quote from: MatthiasFrommann on October 28, 2018, 07:01:05 PM
Hey,

I can open drumit.dkit in the editor, no problem at all. but when I'm trying to open other kits like warlock.dkit the error message appears.
That is different you use import single kit. Anything that is not in the original 100 kits on the card cannot just be opened in the Editor it must be imported into one of the 100 kits slots of the module. I just imported the Warlord kit to the no.1 slot and it works fine. Also, Just FYI .... Lustar's Drumit Mgr. has a lot of features that are really good for editing kits, lists, etc. I use the Editor on occasion, but also SDSE and Drumit Mgr. All have their useful features.
On another note: Once you import that kit to the top 100 and make changes to it you can save/export it again and you can keep it in the spot you imported it or, if not, make sure you exit without saving things that way.
J