News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box snare o-rings and rim trigger

Started by robcod, September 09, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robcod

So I scooped up a set of 2box pads and rack after having my module for a few years. The pads seem to work great EXCEPT the snare. I cannot get the rim to sound even with the rim gain cranked. So the previous owner replaced the rubber O-rings with some plumbing supplies. These new rings are maybe to thick?, to long? The plastic "rim" does not seem to be tight. not sure how much movement needs to be on this part. The actual piezo for the rim is working fine. Of course I cant tell if the "rim tower" that touches the small rim piezo is actually making contact. So does anyone have a similar problem? A solution perhaps?(other than just building another snare).

Thanks!

fishmonkey

i don't think the tension of the floating rim assembly is critical, and the original o-rings are just o-rings, nothing special about them (which is why they break all the time, because o-rings are not made to be under tension like rubber bands, they are made to be compressed).

if the piezo is definitely working when you tap it, then most likely the little "rim tower" isn't touching the piezo at all. is the column of foam that the piezo sits on intact?

robcod

I added a little piece of doubled up countertop sample with some KRD on it and attached it to the plastic tower. BONGO! Just must have not been touching anymore. Still not a great snare but the tom pads seem to work great, maybe size? Always trying to find a simple gigging e-kit.

Thanks for the help