News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi hat not working

Started by BarmeyB, September 03, 2018, 01:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarmeyB

Can anyone help, please. I can no longer calibrate my 2box hihat - the module no longer shows the open/closed position when calibrating and it is basically just an 'open' hi hat sound, ie can't get closed sound at all. Could this be a problem with the magnet, the pad/sensors or the module. Should I just buy a new pad or....? Thanks

Jman

Quote from: BarmeyB on September 03, 2018, 01:10:32 PM
Can anyone help, please. I can no longer calibrate my 2box hihat - the module no longer shows the open/closed position when calibrating and it is basically just an 'open' hi hat sound, ie can't get closed sound at all. Could this be a problem with the magnet, the pad/sensors or the module. Should I just buy a new pad or....? Thanks
The first thing to do is try a different TRS cable that you know is working. If the cable is bad it will cause that. If the cable is good there is either a broken wire or solder point inside the hat or the Hall Sensor has gone bad.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

BarmeyB

Thanks Jman,
I've had the pad apart but could not see anything suspect. What is the Hall Sensor you refer to?

Jman

Quote from: BarmeyB on September 03, 2018, 06:04:39 PM
Thanks Jman,
I've had the pad apart but could not see anything suspect. What is the Hall Sensor you refer to?
It's a small rectangular part on the tip of the HH PCB, it is what detects the magnetic force that is used by the module for HH position. If you are good with soldering you could contact 2Box to see if you can get a HH PCB. Then you would simply replace that part wiring it exactly the same as the old one. Otherwise replacement of the HH is probably the way to go..... assuming you already determined the HH cable is good. The HH requires a TRS cable, even if the tip zone of the cable is good and you get sound when hitting the cymbal, if there is a problem with the Ring part of the cable HH position will not function.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

BarmeyB

Thanks again Jman. I'll have a go and see how I get on. A great help. Thanks