News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Has anyone already made DSNDs out of DrumGizmo?

Started by Manfred, August 22, 2018, 05:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred

Hello,

there is an open source drum plugin called DrumGizmo. And there are also multilayer samples of 5 drum kits available under the creative commons license.

https://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=kits

I wonder if anyone has already created DSND files for our 2Box modules out of that samples?

Regards

Manfred

paulf707

Looks interesting - I was going to say I don't have access to a Linux environment to try this, but having downloaded the kit there are WAV files in there with sensible names that we could use without their software.... however.....

It appears these are multi-track WAV files, which I believe relate to the multiple microphones used to record the kit. I can get the files open in a WAV editing program (e.g. Wavosaur), but they are not directly compatible with the 2Box software (to 'drag and drop' onto a new drumit sound).
So I guess they would need some editing to extract the relevant individual tracks first (or possibly mix them together if you wanted a 'room' type sound).

Manfred

Hello,

there are also VSTi plugins available for Win 32bit and Win 64bit:

https://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=getting_drumgizmo

But i think to get good results there is some effort and skill required to get a good mix out of these multichannel recordings. Thats why i asked if anyone has already done that. I do not really have any experience in mixing or applying EQ, compression or whatever. Maybe someone has already done that?

ANGR77

Yepp,

These danish guys have done a terrific job here! Amazed! Just as mentioned above  - the wave files are in mulitrack format consisting of all 13 microphones/drums/sound dimensions. The files can easily be dragded in to Audacity or even Logic X and be remixed into stereo channels. (Which the DrumIt Editor can use)

I found for giving one example of the snare  - just bring up the Ambience (Channel 1&2), The Overhead(6&7), Snare bottom & snare top (8&9) that you have all you need when remixing.

Unfortunally - you need to remix each drum hit...but using the automation in Audacity could be a great help here.

Even their open source VST was nice friendship - maybe Lustark should look on this and add support for it DSND for not breaking any coyyrights etc. These guys have done a great job - We should salute them!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com