News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Toms not working

Started by drabotic, August 20, 2018, 05:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drabotic

welshsteve

Hmmm, that's a first! (hearing this issue)

As a test, try using a different kit, or tom sounds. It sounded like at first perhaps a broken piezo in one or all of the tom triggers. But, for it to be rectified upon turning it off then on again, that wouldn't rectify the problem. Also the chances of all tom triggers breaking at the same time... extremely unlikely.

Set the kit up in your home and try a process of elimination. Different tom sounds, different trigger (try pads if you have any) different cables, look at cross talk settings etc.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

drabotic

Jman

Quote from: drabotic on August 22, 2018, 11:19:20 AM
I did the factory reset, but problem with kick is still there.

Looks like kick input is dead, becouse when I connect kick to another input (snare or toms) it works, and when connect snare to kick input, nothing happens.
You need to go to the Instrument section, hit the kick and look at what instrument name it shows. If it shows an instrument name with a ? it means you are missing the instrument file. If that is the case I would suggest downloading all the current instruments and current OS files, etc. and completely renew the module. If you do a search on this forum about factory reset you will see lots of other threads where we recommended complete replacement of the files on the card. If the instrument is not missing then you need to do more troubleshooting. Also, when you tried the snare in the kick input did you use the existing kick cable? Because you also need to eliminate the cable as the problem.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

drabotic

edtc

- Do you use a stereo cable ?

- You can split tom4 input and use the rim zone to plug the kick & set a kick sound ...