News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

My problems with the hi-hat

Started by beatboyb, August 18, 2018, 01:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatboyb

Hi! So I just bought a used 2box drumIt five. I quickly noticed problems with the hi-hat. First of all I want to say that the hi-hat pad is brand new and the last owner just bought it a couple of weeks before selling it to me.
The first problem I have is that sometimes there is no sound, and It kinda randomly appears. I've tried using the same wire from the hi-hat into another cymbal and that works fine. Also when I press down the hi-hat with my foot it always works, so that is no problem.
So, the second problem is (when It works) I can play the hi-hat good when it is closed. I can play it fast and slow and it gives good sound. But when I open the hi-hat the problem comes. Playing slow works (I guess) but when I play fast with open hi-hat it seems to "lag" or not trigger good. I dont know if this is a setting or not. I've tried calibrating the hi-hat but the problem still exists.

If someone knows a good solution please write. Thanx!

welshsteve

This could (and I stress could) be an issue with the card. I had one with a drumit3 recently. It wasn't very frequent, in fact, trying to create the conditions do that it happened was impossible, it just would during a gig but then would be fine for several songs before happening again. Had a new card sent from 2box and since it's been absolutely fine.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Hi!
Just to be sure...are we talking about a original 2box hi-hat here?

WelshSteve: Replacement of card...do you mean the hi-hat card inside the hi-hat?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

ANGR77

Aha.

Yes, that could of course be the reason. But more drums would maybe lag as well in that case or?

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Yeah you're probably right. I didn't get to test the module with the iffy card as a full kit, only had cymbals triggered, and the occasional lag happened on hats, crashes and ride. Like, when it happened, anything I hit lagged MASSIVELY. I guessed it was a card read error, Bengt agreed and sent me a new card, since the new one was installed, two gigs done with not a single issue. Set up is playing fantastic.
btw... those DW sounds you spoke of in a different post, very eager to load them on the "drums" di3 module when they become available as that demo sounded fantastic!!!

ANGR77

Yes, I would suspect something else than the memory card - if not any other drums are affected than the hi-hat.

I have seen massively latency on invidual pads - if a piezo/switch based pad is mis-configured wrongly like (piezo/piezo) instead...

But for the 2box hi-hat - you don't have so many options. So that sounds a bit weird in this case above.

Yes- I will keep all posted regaring the DW kit...:-) - 

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com 

beatboyb

hotchap

Hi,

Hoping someone could help me with the correct wiring for the 2box Hit hat. The wiring came of during a gig and wasn't sure which one goes where? Currently after soldering the wires back, the hit hat plays only in closed position.

Thanks,
Seb

Jman

Quote from: hotchap on September 21, 2018, 03:49:02 PM
Hi,

Hoping someone could help me with the correct wiring for the 2box Hit hat. The wiring came of during a gig and wasn't sure which one goes where? Currently after soldering the wires back, the hit hat plays only in closed position.

Thanks,
Seb
Piezo wires go to PP and PN, Switch Wires go to S2 and SN ..... Here is a HH I took the PCB out of years ago if it helps. J
https://flic.kr/p/29YAd7P
Jack PCB from D5 HH by Jman Stealth, on Flickr
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/