News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Virtual Clutch with foot switch...

Started by ANGR77, May 12, 2019, 07:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

Hi!

I recently got a proposal from a customer to modify my hi-hat conversion module for FD-8/VH-11 with Virtual Clutch for 2box DrumIt Five. The "mod" was instead of using a plain switch for controlling the virtual clutch, now got replaced by a foot switch. (And thinking of it, I should have done this years ago on my design!)

I have previously built some guitar effect boxes to friends...so I had the right foot switch in stock. :-)

The virtual clutch function works like this - you can be pre-define the hi-hat pedal position in advance (adjustable from closed to half open hi-hat). When pressing the foot switch it will go from normal hi-hat pedal use to the pre-defined pedal value. Extremely useful if using double kicks etc...

Note: Even if running in virtual clutch mode...and pressing the hi-hat pedal, it will move from the pre-defined pedal position to closed - if any gap defined.

Now after the mod - the footswitch on the conversion module controls this function rapidly from your feet….

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edtc

nice ... as usual ;)

IMO a jack plug for an external footswitch would be welcome , for those who want to keep the box close to the module ...