News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 sounds on soundcloud

Started by edcito, March 14, 2018, 10:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

I've been putting some short recordings made on my drumit 3 with different kits, stock and from VST's. I"ll be uploading more in the future. If you want to check them out, here is the soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/walkinded

welshsteve

Great sounds man! Very natural! Excellent work!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on March 14, 2018, 01:56:29 PM
Great sounds man! Very natural! Excellent work!

thanks man, sorry for the lousy playing, I just want to show the sounds and playability on the module, I would say 4gb initially are enough for 4 of the stock kits of SD3.

welshsteve

I think many people would opt for less is more, if the quality is that high! I would certainly prefer to have 3-4 amazing sounding kits rather than a load of not so good sounding ones.

edcito

One of my favorites Snares from SD3, the Leedy Broadway Standard 30's 14x5", just beautiful:
https://youtu.be/Yl2IwQALwlo

welshsteve

Hey man, sounds great. You got 3 zones working on drumit3 from a Roland Pad? I saw another video with the Black beauty and it had 3 zones, centre, rim shot and side sticks working.

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on March 21, 2018, 12:21:44 AM
Hey man, sounds great. You got 3 zones working on drumit3 from a Roland Pad? I saw another video with the Black beauty and it had 3 zones, centre, rim shot and side sticks working.

Yeah, all 3 zones work perfectly. Using SDSE and the rim-sidestick option at 85%

welshsteve

Ah I see. That’s technically 2 zones! Just different samples on the rim depending on velocity.

edcito

ANGR77

Quote from: welshsteve on March 21, 2018, 08:45:08 PM
Ah I see. That’s technically 2 zones! Just different samples on the rim depending on velocity.

Ahh! It even fooled me...I thought the PD-128S could generate 3 zones...but this is not possible with just 2 zones as this pad have. (Piezo for both head and rim)

To be able to generate three zones in a proper way with the Three you need a pad like Yamaha with piezo for head, switch for rim and a switch for crosstix.

There is of course other ways to do it also. Mounting a BT-1 to handle the crosstix trigger...but it will eat another channel on the three.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / hi-hat & ride conversions for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com