News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

diy

Started by gorsepig007, July 11, 2018, 11:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorsepig007

do you think it matters whether you use roland wiring way or head to tip and head to ring ? does it matter or is one better? just putting this out there

Jman

Quote from: gorsepig007 on July 11, 2018, 11:18:06 PM
do you think it matters whether you use roland wiring way or head to tip and head to ring ? does it matter or is one better? just putting this out there
I didn't see this til today .... The Roland wiring thing is for their center mount positional sensing. The wiring is reversed to get reversed polarity on the piezo. The factor that most don't realize though is that all piezos don't have the same polarity. So it is a 50/50 thing. I know this because I build a Stealth ICM (internal center mount) drum conversion that I mainly build and sell for customers with Roland modules that have modules which support positional sensing ..... And I found out years ago that even piezos from the same manufacturer and same part no. can have different polarity as they put out new batches. So I use quick connects in all my Drum Conversion kits which makes it easy to reverse the Tip and Sleeve wires if needed. All that just to say you don't normally know the polarity of the piezo you are using and it really doesn't matter for the 2Box modules anyway .... But if you are building your own drum triggers for the 2Box modules I would normally say just stick with the standard Tip to Ceramic, Sleeve to Brass for the head piezo and Ring to Ceramic, Sleeve to Brass for the Rim Piezo. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

gorsepig007

cheers Jman i brought your triggers for mine anyway but was just curious and they work sweet as cheers "the breakbeats kit new zealand"

Jman

Quote from: gorsepig007 on July 24, 2018, 08:29:44 AM
cheers Jman i brought your triggers for mine anyway but was just curious and they work sweet as cheers "the breakbeats kit new zealand"
Cool! and now I know who to associate with the kit here at the forum. Thanks for the positive feedback. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/