News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Set Cymbal settings for all kits

Started by michael.buglass, May 12, 2018, 08:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael.buglass

Hi, I recently bought a 2Box5 kit and have a question regarding the cymbal settings. Out of the box the brain is configured to have a value of 0 for the "Hold" setting on the crash cymbal for all kits, this essentially means the crash doesn't sound like a crash at all, more like a choke sound. I managed to make the crash sound good by setting the Hold value to 10 but I have to go into every kit to make the change, does anyone know if I can make the Hold value 10 across the whole module so it is applicable to all kits?
Cheers.

welshsteve

AHhhh, it’s nothing to do with hold.

The problem you have (if I were a betting man) is that one of the prongs under the rubber is touching the plate. Either that or there’s a short between the “ring” and the “ground” of the cable.

I assume your using TRS cables? TRS meaning there’s two black rings on the jack plug either end.

If it’s one of the prongs, unfold the rubber over the top and inspect the prongs. If one is even slightly touching you’ll get a choke Sound. Just bend by-hand that prong away and you should find it crashing fine.

The hold and decay functions are good on drums to get a phil Collins hated Sound.

I can explain how you do that if you’re interested.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

michael.buglass

WelshSteve, You are the Man! You were spot on, there were a couple of prongs touching which I bent back and all is well, thanks a million.
Now to try and get the hi hat working  ;)

edtc

Quote from: welshsteve on May 12, 2018, 08:16:39 AM

The hold and decay functions are good on drums to get a phil Collins hated Sound.

Hated or gated ? ... or both ... ? ;)

welshsteve

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!