News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SOLVED: "FAT_ERROR" = SD Card corrupted?

Started by peanutismint, May 04, 2018, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutismint

SOLVED: Managed to remove the SD card, put it into my computer, and use some memory card data recovery tool (don't remember exactly which one but they're all similar; do a quick google of "SD memory card recovery tool"...) to find at the very least my config files (I had all my samples backed up anyway).

My DrumIt Five had been acting up for a few weeks. Some of the samples would make a VERY loud static/white noise when triggered, and then today I booted up the module and the display said:

FAT_ERROR

I took the SD card out and put it into my computer to try and rescue my years of self-created user kits and samples, but it just tells me the disk is unreadable and needs to be initialized :-(

Can I assume this means it somehow got corrupted?? Is there ANY way to get the contents off if so?? Or should I just take my lumps, reformat and start rebuilding? I don't even know if I'd have any way to download even the initial sample set....???

peanutismint

Thanks; just after posting I actually tried a similar file recovery tool and it WORKED!! I was able to get back all my config files (those were all I really cared about) and then just formatted and copied all my samples back over (which I had backed up). I'll email the config file to myself so this doesn't happen again! :-)