News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat issue

Started by welshsteve, April 29, 2018, 11:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Okay so for the second gig in a row, I have had this issue.

Fully closed hihat sound, just half opens a few bars later with no change to foot position. I had the kit set up for two weeks at home and this didn't happen once. Stripped it down for two gigs back to back (Sturday and Sunday) and it happened in every song on both gigs.

I should have re-calibrated in the hall time break, but I didn't do I can't rule that out as non remedy. Also, didn't change cable to the controller so can't rule that out as a remedy. Just wondered if anyone has some insight.

I am using a Goedrum controller with a Jobeky Real Feel hat hat top.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Cibercronico

I'm using the Goedrum HHC, too. I haven't had any problems with it, yet. Granted, I haven't torn it all down and reassembled it, either.

When you say it happened on every song, do you mean it started working again and then went to this half-open position?

I noticed on my RAW readings on the HCAL screen, it goes from ~818 (open) to ~985 (closed); however, if I press a little harder while down, it moves back to 960. I thought that was a feature, though.  ;D
Maybe that's a clue as to what's happening with yours? What are your readings?

welshsteve

When it happens, i.e. I hear it suddenly go to half open (or part way open) sound without me changing foot position, I then actually open my foot and repress it down and that gives me a closed hihat sound again.

Several bars later (or whatever) happens again. I'll have to set it up this afternoon and see if it happens.

ANGR77

Are you using the same cables as when you initially set it up at home?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Cibercronico

Quote from: welshsteve on April 30, 2018, 07:05:03 AM
When it happens, i.e. I hear it suddenly go to half open (or part way open) sound without me changing foot position, I then actually open my foot and repress it down and that gives me a closed hihat sound again.

Several bars later (or whatever) happens again. I'll have to set it up this afternoon and see if it happens.

So you don't see the RAW value change when you are in the UNIT-HCAL screen?
I asked you that because I am curious if you also get the same reaction as mine. When I close it normally, it gives me one value, but if I continue leaning on the pedal after it is closed with more force, the RAW value goes back the other way!

If yours does the same, that would explain WHY you are hearing it open up again.
In your case, though, the numbers may be wider.

edcito

for me the only weird issue is when changing kits the closed hihat sounds open, I have to lift the foot to sound closed again. Other than that no issues here, pretty happy with my vh-11

Walse

Quote from: edcito on May 02, 2018, 09:29:06 AM
for me the only weird issue is when changing kits the closed hihat sounds open, I have to lift the foot to sound closed again. Other than that no issues here, pretty happy with my vh-11

I confirm this issue.

Jman

I don't know if any of you in this thread have played with the PFACT setting. I have setup a Roland HH controller, 2Box style controller and my FSR HH controller on the Drumit Three. After calibrating the FSR HH I found that it did some weird stuff like not register closed sometimes when I expected. I found raising the PFACT setting made things work smoothly and consistent.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

welshsteve

After a re-cal, the issue has gone! Been playing fine for the last two gigs!!! :)

ANGR77

Just for the record...and comparing values...how much did you raise the PFACT?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I didn’t mate. Just recalibrated. Plays great now! Lovely hihat sounds. Such an improvement over the DrumIt5!!

Cibercronico

Perhaps the Goedrum HHC just needs a scheduled calibration (like every few months, etc.)? That's really no different from any other professional tool. Good to know!