News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kit Load time??

Started by Dobly, April 17, 2018, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

I tried searching on this forum for 'load times'. Alas I could not find an answer..

What are the load times to swap kits on the Drumit5 and/or Drumit3?

Is it quick enough to swap kits between songs on stage?

zmickles

Yes. Less than one second to change kits on the Drumit 5. As quickly as you can turn the kit knob.   

ANGR77

Hi!

Swapping kits takes around 1 second...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Dobly

Awesome! I was tossing up between the Drumit3 and the Alesis Strike module as a upgrade to my aging DM10.

This is the clincher for me. The Strike module takes 10s of seconds to change kits.

Drumit3 will be mine.

welshsteve

I can confirm,  onmatter how big your sample sizes are, load times are so quick you’ll not notice it. As far as I know, it doesn’t “load” as such, the kit indexes to sample locations on the disc, so in essence, it changes happen instantly.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Dobly

Quote from: welshsteve on April 17, 2018, 06:49:15 AM
I can confirm,  onmatter how big your sample sizes are, load times are so quick you’ll not notice it. As far as I know, it doesn’t “load” as such, the kit indexes to sample locations on the disc, so in essence, it changes happen instantly.

Exactly as nature intended... :) good stuff..

Deve Loper

Thanks. That was (and is) one of the major advantages of the sound engine I developed.  Good to know it is appreciated...!

Slamstick

Deve loper, are you working on anything E drum related since 2 Box, maybe a hint, a module, or a kit, lol?

Deve Loper

Hi.
Well at least I can tell you that I'm -not- working on a hint or a kit :-)
So yeah...

welshsteve

Wow man, you developed the sound engine for the Drumit3/5, that’s amazing work. Much respect due sir!!!

JRage

Quote from: Deve Loper on April 21, 2018, 10:03:52 AM
Hi.
Well at least I can tell you that I'm -not- working on a hint or a kit :-)
So yeah...

It must be module, then  8)
Posted by some mistake.

BadgerOfTruth

This is great news as I am making final decisions on purchasing the DrumIt 3. One of the key issues on my decision is that I need to change kit sounds in the middle of a live set number (e.g. different kit sound for a solo to the rest of the number). As some of my samples can and do include sounds other than drums and cymbals, they can be larger than normal file sizes. So for clarification, will a new/replacement large file take more than "one second" to load or not really make any difference. Also if some of the individual sample sounds are not changed (or different) from the previous to new kit load, does that 'speed up' the load process or not make any difference?

It would be useful (if possible) to demonstrate a file size to load time matrix for reference....

Many thanks!
Greetings from the Badger Of Truth...

Sent from a manifestation of Steve Jobs' vision!

welshsteve

I am gigging with mine tonight, I'll take a quick video of me playing and one of the boys changing kits while I do it, so you can see it's almost instantaneous!

BadgerOfTruth

Many thanks WelshSteve... I look forward to your masterclass!

Greetings from the Badger Of Truth...

Sent from a manifestation of Steve Jobs' vision!

welshsteve

Sorry, the last two gigs we were late arriving/setting up so haven't been able to make a video. But I will!!