Is it worth a Drumit 5 users downloading the new Drumit 3 Operating System

Started by wildhorse5678, April 03, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

I Have drumit 5 with 32gig SD card modification. I see that there is a new operating system that can be downloaded.  What are the advantages / disadvantages of adding this to my SD card.

Will I get access  the new sounds ?

Will it mess up the routing on Drumit 5 module - Ive read that there aren't 8 outputs on Drumit3 unit.  If I use the Drumit 3 operating system will it mess up my current routings. I use all 8 outputs instudio recordings - but just output 1 for live mono performance .

welshsteve

Having both, I’ve wondered whether the os for the Drumit 3 could work on the 5. Routing isn’t my concern but the hope that PadPs trigger type will work on the 5 if it’s just a trigger algorithm and not something hardware related.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

I put Di3 OS in the 5, just to see if the trigger types carried over. Sadly, they do not so I think it obviously is a hardware issue. There are some newer HiHat parameters which appear on the Di5. I haven't tried these with the 2box hats to see the improvement they bring, if I get time tomorrow, I will.

Jman

As I have mentioned in several posts. The Drumit Five and Drumit 3 will be sharing the OS. But there will be a new Config file for the Drumit Five. So you might want to wait until the official release. The trigger types like the 2 input type Rides, 3 zone snares, Yamaha type 1 input 3 zone will not work with the Drumit Five. But the three zone snare file system will work. The dif. for the Drumit Five will be you will have the +++ choices in the .dsnd but will only be able to choose 2 of the sounds at a time...... like Cross-Stick or Rimshot. The new Piezo/Piezo pad type and new crosstalk suppression type settings for balancing head/rim response on a Piezo/Piezo pad will also work in the D5. And the dif. types of things you can start/stop or forward/reverse by assigning to a pad will also work in the D5. Basically everything the D3 has except those related to the physical input/output changes will also work on the D5.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

wildhorse5678

So on the 2box website download page...where it says "New" operating system... Its Not new but the current one??? I do wish they would keep the website up to date...maybe even just put dates on downloads .

ANGR77

I think i recall a discussion with 2box that they needed fix something more in the upcoming 1.32 for Five before launching.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on April 07, 2018, 12:31:31 AM
I think i recall a discussion with 2box that they needed fix something more in the upcoming 1.32 for Five before launching.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
yes, I heard the same, verified.

edtc

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on April 06, 2018, 04:56:04 PM
So on the 2box website download page...where it says "New" operating system... Its Not new but the current one??? I do wish they would keep the website up to date...maybe even just put dates on downloads .

sure , their website is a shame ...    Each time i advise someone to have a look to 2box module , i have to tell him that even if it looks like a "dead" website , the company still exists ...;)   

They should really pay attention to it , updating a website is no rocket science ...;)

wildhorse5678

Well I think, I wont bother with any updates if and when they do release anything . I can use the current Unit OK and if its anything like other so called 'software" updates I've   had the misfortune to accept, Ive found the 'upgrades' spoiled things and ended up making what were simple tasks more complicated. It would be good to have some new sounds to try out.

Pascaldc

Could an Os update fix the eq in the stereo out. Could it make it like the d3 when the sounds you load in sound the same as in your pc ?

peanutismint

Quote from: welshsteve on April 03, 2018, 01:58:08 PM
Having both, I’ve wondered whether the os for the Drumit 3 could work on the 5. Routing isn’t my concern but the hope that PadPs trigger type will work on the 5 if it’s just a trigger algorithm and not something hardware related.

Sorry for my ignorance but what's the 'PadPs trigger type' and why is it a desirable trigger type?

welshsteve

PadPs is an abbreviation of Piezo/Switch. So Piezo on the head and Switch on the rim (though I assume it's still a piezo on the rim) Recommended for Roland and Alesis pads.

That's what it says in the manual anyway.

Jman

Quote from: welshsteve on May 13, 2018, 05:23:58 PM
PadPs is an abbreviation of Piezo/Switch. So Piezo on the head and Switch on the rim (though I assume it's still a piezo on the rim) Recommended for Roland and Alesis pads.

That's what it says in the manual anyway.
Yes, there is the PadP setting for Piezo/Piezo pads. Think Roland Rubber pads like PD-8 Piezo/Switch for Pad PS. And it might work OK with the TruTrac heads since they are also Piezo/Switch ..... someone will need to try it.