News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 with Roland VH-13

Started by rsm, March 18, 2018, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsm

Hello all,

I received my ordered Drumit 3 with serial number 131! Looks solid so far, but more complicated to interact with. In this case no improvement compared to Drumit 5.

As I have a Roland VH-13 I have expected to get this HiHat work flawlessly together with the new 2Box module. I know that this item is not included in the official list of supported devices but expectations were high.

And now after a couple of days I could not find myself any adjustments that makes this two devices work fine together. At least very disappointing... Another user at the Thomann website states the same issues with a Roland VH-11.

A couple of days are left before I have to send Drumt 3 back or stay with it. With this kind of compatibility it seems to be logical that I return this module back to Thomann even if I would love to support 2Box.

So my question is if anybody else got this combination work fine together? And - if I‘m allowed to ask - what settings are used and if I could be provided with them? It may be possible that my new module is defect and needs to be replaced.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards

rsm

edcito

First of all welcome to the forum. I use a vh-11 and it works flawlessly with it. I read the thomann review and honestly it doesn’t do it justice. Note that it won't work out of the box. You need to follow the quick start guide. Firstly, select the hihat trigger and change pad type to DEF, then take a screwdriver and put the raw value between 800-850. Next calibrate the vh-13 according to the guide. Nothing complicated really.

I made a short video showing the VH-11 calibrated and triggering flawlessly.

https://youtu.be/t-ztueHXuTQ

rsm

Hello,

yes you're right I'm new to the forum even if I'm an interested reader since a couple of months.

So, I have to say hello to all.

I'm a beginner at drums even if I'm bordered the 50's and I own 2 2Box drum sets with just one brain.

@edcito
Thanks for your video and explanation, I will have a close look at it.

Since I'm already a 2Box user and have long awaited the new brain, I have tried all from the quick start guide but I also know that the VH-13 is not on the official list of supported Hihats. But I have read elsewhere - I think it was Anders - who mentioned that the VH-13 doesn't differ that much compared to the VH-11. Therefore I hoped that also the VH-13 should work.

So I will give it a second try in the next days as I would like to stay with the 2Box drums - but not with the HiHat.

I also have tried Mimic Pro and I am sophisticated with this piece of technology but if possible I would use the "3" becuase  I like the "underdog".

Best regards

rsm

daniboun

If I were you... I would go for the Zourman adapater for about 100$

https://www.drum-tec.fr/zourman-2box-hi-hat-conversion-kit-vh-13

You should get the best of both world... no compromise between an excelent VH113 and the great 2BOX module

edcito

Quote from: daniboun on March 19, 2018, 06:54:32 AM
If I were you... I would go for the Zourman adapater for about 100$

https://www.drum-tec.fr/zourman-2box-hi-hat-conversion-kit-vh-13

You should get the best of both world... no compromise between an excelent VH113 and the great 2BOX module

I think you're mixing the drumit 5 and the drumit 3, the zourman conversion kit is for the drumit 5, it is not known if it will work on the drumit 3 since the hihat engine is completely different.

ANGR77

True - The Zourman boxes is for DrumIT Five. The "Three" should be able to handle it by default - but I have not tested it.

The "Three" is also supporting the old 2box hit-hat - knowing this...then we also know the Zourman Drums boxes will work also on the Three...but it is absolutely not the logical path.

I will soon try the VH-13 soon with the "Three". :-)

Anders / Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Here is another video with better audio and the SD3 Zildjian 14" K Constantinople played with a VH-11:
https://youtu.be/76np_8BjUN4

rsm

Hello,

thanks for your reply and thanks for the video.

Yeah, I know about the Zourman conversion kits as I have already two of them for the use with Drumit5.

But, to be honest, I don't feel comfortable with the Drumit3 Module at all when I setup the Roland VH-13. After a couple of hours I'm not exited with the new hihat functionality that I have been waiting for.

I know that a comparison with the Pearl Mimic Pro isn't really fair - more at financial sight - but I have now decided to switch to the Mimic in whole. Maybe my expectaitions about the Drumit3 have been to high...

Best regards and - happy easter!

rsm