News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Volume settings..Unit v Kit

Started by wildhorse5678, March 07, 2018, 07:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

Can someone tell me the relationship of the volume settings on UNIT to the volume setting on KIT.

Does the KIT setting Override the UNIT settings . Or are they in addition to the Unit settings.

Ie if on UNIT i set snare to 1 and tom to 3.  Ie making the tom louder than snare.  And then if i go to KIT and put snare to 2 and tom to 2.. Does this mean the volume of both is now 2... Or is the snare 1+2. And the tom 3+2.  If you understand what im trying to explain.

OR....if i set a KIT volume for a specific kit.  ....and then go to Unit and changes UNIT volumes.....will the KIT volume i hear be altered because ive changed the UNIT setting.

Im still after several years use trying to figure out stuff that the manual doesnt explain very well.

geo

They are additional: sample -> KIT± -> UNIT± -> output. Like a mixing desk, the KIT volumes are for balancing the individual sounds and UNIT is the overall output. Easiest setup is to set all UNITs to max and adjust the KITs until it sounds right. Use one kit you're happy with as a reference for any new kits and match the new volumes to it.

wildhorse5678

Thank you. I have been using one kit and ajusting the others. But ill go back and set the units to max as you suggested.  I have always found this forum very useful because the explanations in the user manual can be very difficult to understand at times.

wildhorse5678

Just as an adendum to this.  I made the changes as suggested and applied them. I am currently using the Drumit five with an acoustic to electronic kit Ive converted using Goedrum internal triggers and mesh heads.  I found that with my new set up I couldnt get the snare drum loud enough. I tried truning down the other drums and boosting overall volume .. but still not happy.  But, I then thought to try altering the trigger type on the snare. I changed it fromTrig1 to rubber Pad and it gave a huge boost in volume - although sensitivity did suffer a bit.  IM using these setting live in a gig for the first time on Sat 14 April.. so we'll see how it goes.
https://youtu.be/PoczGN45s9g

96max5sp

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on April 13, 2018, 10:23:21 PM
Just as an adendum to this.  I made the changes as suggested and applied them. I am currently using the Drumit five with an acoustic to electronic kit Ive converted using Goedrum internal triggers and mesh heads.  I found that with my new set up I couldnt get the snare drum loud enough. I tried truning down the other drums and boosting overall volume .. but still not happy.  But, I then thought to try altering the trigger type on the snare. I changed it fromTrig1 to rubber Pad and it gave a huge boost in volume - although sensitivity did suffer a bit.  IM using these setting live in a gig for the first time on Sat 14 April.. so we'll see how it goes.
https://youtu.be/PoczGN45s9g

Great video  :)

I have a couple questions about the Jobeky cymbals if you don't mind.

Do the Jobeky cymbals work with all 3 zones with 1 input on the Drumit 5 and was this a special request? Do they trigger well? Also, how is the sound level of these compared to the 2box rubber pads? Would you be able to do a sound level comparison video possibly with some kind of decibel meter (maybe there is a simple phone app for this)?

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com