News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Different hi hat stand is a bit better but a problem

Started by Steve, January 10, 2010, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

After a few days the hi hat when falling back into it's nuetral position after a hit triggers making it unplayable for a live situation or even to play along with a song. I used my yahama hit hat stand and in the close position it is perfect but when I lift my foot up that hi hat stand kind of "pops" up causing a loud open trigger. Any thoughts on this. Is there something on the 2 box pedal that stops this? The hi hat is the only thing holding this kit back at the moment. Any settings? or advice is appreciated.

UC

In this post, the Developer of the 2box software suggests that the hi-hat will open up in terms of configuration possibilities...

"Next OS will have a separate open and closed calib, so one can adjust this range to ones liking."

...so fingers crossed you'll be able to tune it to your liking.

By the way, when you calibrated your hats, did you loosen the screw, or hold it closed with your foot? ...the latter worked well for me on my Pearl stand, and I don't know if it's what makes the difference but I think the spring's on its way out (it's about 15 years old) so at rest it actually hangs kinda low, but I actually like it like that....maybe you could loosen the compression / tension on the spring a bit, see if that helps?

alainV

Same problem with my hihat, with a Yamaha stand...
After a while, when playing with the band, we can hear a big open hihat sound...
maybe its a problem of staying really firm with the foot

Steve

I may try to fix some felt on to the yamaha stand on the bottom or see why the main stand double triggers, maybe some added felt where the cymbal goes. Once this is done this kit is "there"

Steve

Went back to the 2 box stand I found the rod was loose and moving and triggering. I have the hat working as best as it can until the new update. Play flat footed instead of heel up works much better and I could gig with it at this point.

TimDeBim

Hi! I just wanted to ask those of you, who use a different hihat stand than the 2BOX one, which one you use and/or you can recommend for the use with the 2BOX edrum. I thought of buying a SONOR HH484 but first wanted to hear your opinions.

If you wonder why I want a separate hihat stand at all: The hihat inner bar is vibrating (and thus also slightly the pad) when I hit the bass drum. The hihat doesn't trigger from that, though, but still it's kind of annoying...

Thanks for answers!

Baby Samus

Any decent brand like Yamaha, Pearl, Sonor etc will be fine, and will definitely be better than the one that comes with the kit.  I use a Yamaha but I've used other brands and don't see a huge difference, just depends what you prefer...

HM

The Sonor stand looks nice and sturdy to me. I would go for Pearl or Yamaha, but as Baby Samus said, this depends on what you like the best. I think you can get a good hi-hat stand at this price. I think it's not a good idea to buy any cheaper, since they might not be much better than the 2box stand.

Simpan

Remi