News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2BOX Custom Setup : lots of pictures

Started by daniboun, January 08, 2018, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniboun

Hi amigos,

Writting you from Lyon (France). I just setup my new 2BOX kit with a Custom Rack and Custom snare.
I wanted to remove that ugly rack and get some solid hardware with a 14 electro snare + a Roland KT10 kick (awesome too). This makes the kit more confortable and easier to setup.

I also add an external SD card reader with A 32GB SD card.
The new snare is just awesome with the original 2BOX Trigger, and I switched the 12 pad for the floor tom pad.

Spec :

2box Module with SD card mod.
2x double braced cymbal stand
2x PDP Tom holder with the original hexa ball
Roland KT10 Kick
Tom tom 2X 10 Pad
Floor tom 12 pad
Snare Custom pad 14 + 2BOX Trigger.(2 ply mesh head)
1 Gibraltar Pipe rack 60cm
1 Bipod Hihat stand
Custom Module holder

Here goes :

Itsme

now that is one neat little setup Well Done I love it,👍👍👍👍👍👍

edtc

Mis à part le tas de spaghettis  , ton kit à l air bien cool ... ;)

daniboun

Quote from: edtc on January 09, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
Mis à part le tas de spaghettis  , ton kit à l air bien cool ... ;)

next Step, rangement de cables :)
Sinon le kit est super ergonomique ! et la snare, une tuerie

wildhorse5678

What is that black head you have over the top of the snare drum. Does it just sit over the rim on top of the ordinary snare head?

Thanks

edtc

wildhorse5678

Thanks edtc.   I followed up the link and also found DDT rim rubber that Ive not come across before.  So the mesh head replaces the standard drum head and the rubber goes over the rim as a separate item.  I was hoping that it was one unit that could just drop over the top of the acoustic head to kill the sound without having to mess about replacing the original heads.  I do already have set of mesh heads but found them too bouncy.  But they were cheap ones. 

edtc

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on January 12, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
   I was hoping that it was one unit that could just drop over the top of the acoustic head to kill the sound without having to mess about replacing the original heads. 

Have a look at Aquarian OnHead ... a bit expensive but for the snare many says it s the bes triggering ever , without any crosstalk ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEMvc6r-EHQ

daniboun

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on January 12, 2018, 12:10:21 PM
What is that black head you have over the top of the snare drum. Does it just sit over the rim on top of the ordinary snare head?

Thanks

This a double Ply Milllenium head.  I really like it and the real feel is amazing ! I bought it @ Thomann :)

daniboun

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on January 12, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
Thanks edtc.   I followed up the link and also found DDT rim rubber that Ive not come across before.  So the mesh head replaces the standard drum head and the rubber goes over the rim as a separate item.  I was hoping that it was one unit that could just drop over the top of the acoustic head to kill the sound without having to mess about replacing the original heads.  I do already have set of mesh heads but found them too bouncy.  But they were cheap ones.

The double ply is less bouncy and if you keep the original reso head on the bottom of the snare, it gives you a real feel electro snare ! Amazing and love it so much !