News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

No Hi Hat Calibration Showing

Started by Jsmash77, December 31, 2017, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsmash77

So I'm using the stealth conversion with a Roland CY5 hi hat cymbal and I'm a bit worried right now.  I attempted to do the hi hat calibration a few times with TS cables not realizing I needed TRS cables.  Now when I go to HPED, there's just a line under calibration instead of the hi hat symbol.  If I plug in with TRS cables will it come back, or is there some other insight some kind person could give me on this situation?

ANGR77

Hi!

You should always use a trs cable between the 2box module and the hh conversion kit. Head, edge and pedal are using all the three connectors.

Are you now able to do a hh calibration with the trs cable attached? Normally it should not damage anything in the module...even if using wrong cables etc.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jsmash77

I'm waiting for TRS cables today to try it out, hopefully it will show the hi hat symbol then.  It just seems odd it's not even showing that.  Thank you for your reply.

Jman

Quote from: Jsmash77 on December 31, 2017, 02:57:52 PM
I'm waiting for TRS cables today to try it out, hopefully it will show the hi hat symbol then.  It just seems odd it's not even showing that.  Thank you for your reply.
I even wrap a warning around every box that says Warning Use TRS Cables ONLY  ;) But most likely all will be fine when you use TRS cables. If not contact me. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jsmash77

Do you have the full instructions for the Stealth conversion posted somewhere?

Jman

Quote from: Jsmash77 on December 31, 2017, 06:59:19 PM
Do you have the full instructions for the Stealth conversion posted somewhere?
I give links to everything when people purchase. You probably bought from another customer ..... so just Contact me and I will give you the link. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jsmash77

I did buy from another customer.  What is the best way to contact you?

Jsmash77

Inserted all the TRS cables around the kit and after some fiddling with the stealth converter, I am happy to report I have the hi hat up and running.  Thank you for your help, Jman.