News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi-Hat Closed Sound problem

Started by Jester, October 04, 2017, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Hello,
I'm new on the forum but not with my 2box,
I've had it for a couple year now, and I moved on to a new appartement and I just started to use Addictive Drums.

I've always had a problem with the Hi-Hat, when I close it repeatedly (but not too roughly or too fast) it's going messy: it triggers several sounds and it sounds quite awfull. Until now I thought it was the close Hi-hat sound that was fucked up and could do anything about it (-I've tried many calibration setup but none worked)

But when I look at the map window from AD, I see that it may be linked to the fact that when I close the Hi-Hat it doesn't only triggers the close sound but actually the closed tip sound (like If I were hitting it) and sometimes even the HH Open sound.

So I wonder if their is any way, by reducing sensitivity or something, I can stop making multiple triggers when I close the Hi-Hat !

Cheers  :drum2:

welshsteve

Are you using the 2box hihat stand? I found that because the rod has ripples (to make the clutch grip better) when the rod moved up and down, the ripples catch on the side and cause triggering. If you swapped the stand and use a normal hihat with smooth rod, you should find it stops. If that's what's causing it that is.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Dashriprock

I had many problems with 2box hihat stand, its great now with DW stand ,get rid of that 2box stand.