News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help - new to 2Box, no output on phones

Started by MRK, October 21, 2017, 09:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRK

Hi,
I'm new to 2Box, having just picked a used one up at a good (?) price. Worn but appears functional.

However, no sound coming out of the phones jack. There is some slight hiss and short 'bump' as the unit is turned on but pressing the instrument buttons on the left side generate no sounds.

I'm well familiar with digital drumming but have only used Roland TD20/30 modules in the past. I suspect there is something fundamental that I have overlooked. The seller said it was 'factory reset'.

Thankful for any advice you can give.

ANGR77

Hi!

Take a look at this post. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2338.0.html

A factory reset sometimes needs all files to be downloaded and installed on to the 2box module again.

It very hard to determine what could be your specific problem...and what the previous owner has done with it. So it could be smart to start fresh!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Deve Loper

Hi. Should be enough with an original DrumIt.dkit file. Maybe some channels on some kits are silent because a sound is missing, but you will certainly get sound on your phones.
Best, Deve.
Ps. how to load files is in the manual or described in several threads.

gregorykovou

"but pressing the instrument buttons on the left side does not produce sounds."
before long I had the same problem!
in my case it was solved by changing the power supply