News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit not powering up

Started by 1781cc, October 08, 2017, 01:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1781cc

Hi all, I’m UK based and had my 2box three years - love it!

Only recently it’s dead, won’t power up at all! Gutted...

I couldn’t get a replacement from UK supplier hand in hand or Andertons music, so ordered from Thomann and it arrived the other day, it’s a Euro adapter, on the plus, the lcd illuminates but nothing is visible, no controls, no sounds...

Is the euro adapter not powerful enough because of the euro voltage? Or is the head unit buggered and needs to head back to Sweden for repairs?

I’m going crazy at the moment and considering buying normal drum heads to keep me going...

Help!

wildhorse5678

When you say the LCD is lighting up...what do you mean?  Do you mean the navigation screen comes on but is blank or does this not light up at all..Do the buttons on the left representing the pads light up..

Try connecting via usb to computer..and see if that makes any difference.

1781cc

Thanks for the reply!

When the new power supply is plugged in it lights the lcd up yellow (but no text of any sort or boot screen) and its flashing. I can also hear the power supply making an almost ticking noise. When plugged into the computer nothing happens.

I've looked at the original and euro power supply and I can see the voltage and power conversion looks slightly different, so maybe thats it and I need a new UK power supply (which I will try and source as I am returning the Euro one to Thomann)

I hope its power at lease. Ever had this issue? recommend any places to get a spare psu?

ANGR77

Can you take a photo of the power supply with the specs and publish it here?

Is it 18V AC/AC ?

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Has to be at least 15 volts. Not sure of the Amps but anything over 1000 MA would be sufficient. I know this because I have had a couple ac adaptor fail on me though regular use. I bought an 18volt AC/AC adaptor (HAS to be AC/AC!!!!) made by Alto via ebay for £12. Works great. I kept the 15volt AC/AC adaptor I had lying around (from an old mixer I no longer use) as a spare so I won't panic next time one fails.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

1781cc

Thanks both, I am working away at the moment but will post up as soon as I can.

I tried looking in Maplin and RS components but couldn't find a suitable adaptor, I believe its an 18V 9A, will confirm when back

Do you recommend something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1A-18V-ALTO-ZMX862-MIXER-AC-AC-OUTPUT-MAINS-POWER-ADAPTOR-SUPPLY-TRANSFORMER-/121879223105?hash=item1c60915b41:g:9cIAAOSw44BYEMuL

welshsteve

Yes, this is what I got as a second/main PSU and it works fine!

1781cc

Top man, just ordered it, will post back and confirm if it was a fix.

Thanks

Jman

Quote from: 1781cc on October 11, 2017, 09:22:27 AM
Top man, just ordered it, will post back and confirm if it was a fix.

Thanks
Fingers crossed ...... cause if that isn't the problem it is in the module.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

1781cc

adapter arrived, plugged it in.. same blank screen flashed then died. Burning smell from the module now...  :o

welshsteve

Oh that's not good. The only thing I can suggest now is to take it to an electrical engineer to repair, 2box should be able to supply a circuit diagram to a qualified service personnel to repair it with or maybe they themselves and repair it for you? I hope you get it sorted!