News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi-hat "chick" problems

Started by sessiondrummerjames, October 07, 2017, 02:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sessiondrummerjames

Hi guys. Sorry, originally posted in the wrong place so i've moved it.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I can't find the solution on the forums when searching.

I just got a 2box second hand and so far I'm impressed with the natural response of the pads.
However, the Hats aren't working properly for me. I've calibrated it, but when I close them I get a splash sound rather than a chick. This is happening wether I'm playing only the pedal, or if I'm playing them with the stick and doing an open - close in a groove.

I tried the extra tip on here about opening the distance a little more after calibration, but it hasn't seemed to help. I'm running the newest OS and have even downgraded to an older one incase it was that, but no luck. I was surprised by how well it seems to track the opening and closing on the screen on the module, and having had Roland kits in the past (reasonably top end models) I was surprised to see it tracking it so naturally. But this chick and splash thing is really starting to get to me!

Any pointers on what I might be doing wrong?

Also the cymbals seem to sometimes be giving me only bell sound, then only crash sound etc regardless of what zone I'm hitting or dynamics. However, I'll admit I haven't given it loads and loads of attention because of the Hi hat problems.

Thanks,

James

Jman

Welcome to the forum!

Push the Hi Hat button, Push the Kit button, page down one page I think? Anyway you need to go to the Hi Hat Instrument page that shows the HH instrument ...... there should be +++ on that screen .... that is the Bow/Edge/Foot zones of the Hi Hat, if it does not have +++ push the knob underneath to change it.

Also In the Unit settings for the Hi Hat there is a foot sensitivity setting you can adjust. If those things don't work, I ran into one guy who had a similar problem and couldn't figure it out. I recommended that he replace the Drumit.dkt file in the module and that solved it.

With a used module it is often a good idea to download all the sounds and files fresh and start with a clean slate. This post explains: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2338.msg20175.html#msg20175

On the 3 zone settings ..... if you have the original 2Box cymbals that is detailed on page 48 of the latest 2Box user Manual. Hope it helps. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/