News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

TD-25 midi out to 2box D5?

Started by thebaronofsd, September 05, 2017, 04:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebaronofsd

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum. Anywho, not to long ago there was a sale ... I have a TD-25KV ... etc. I like to think of it as an affordable starter package.

Real quick, I've been out of drumming for almost 20 years and even back then, I wasn't like giggin or anything. At best I'm a hobbiest with kids who occasionally show an aptitude and desire to play.

Right, back to the point. I'm having a ton of fun but I miss my old 7 piece Sonor with lot of cymbals etc etc. Really do love electronic kits ... love them a LOT more now that I have kids ... right. Well, as I'm sure many TD-25 owners have lamented ... I'd like to be able to trigger a lot more 'stuff' ...

... and let's be honest ... it's a roland drum module ... the sounds are lacking.

What I'm trying to build is essentially as follows.

Main Module (leaning heavily towards 2box D5)
Yamaha 15" ride
HiHat (this is 2box proprietary? can i run a vh-13?)
2 x 15" yamaha as 3 zone crash
1 x 12" yamaha 3 zone snare
2 x PD-128 floor toms
1 x PDX-100 rack tom (snare from my td-25kv)
1 x PDX-85 rack tom
1 x kick drum

TD-25 (midi out into D5)
1 x VH-11 (can this modules's hi-hat function properly trigger upstream through the D5?)
1 x PD-128 side snare (off snare input)
2 x CY-13R/C (both bells trigger well on these stock, one off ride and one off crash2/aux for 3 zone)
1 x CY-12C (crash1)
2 x PD-6 (make them octabans or something)

That is essentially the guts of what I'm working towards. One day I'll find a black 7 piece Sonor like I had when I was a kid and do a full A2E conversion but in the meantime I'm working towards this.

I'll have a lot of 'free' inputs to make use of and eventually all the inputs will be triggering something, mostly cymbals, but I'd like to know if my idea has legs or if it just won't work.

Ideally, I want 2 hi-hats with the VH-11 running off a remote and being controlled by the TD-25.

What about the input limitations? Might I be better off running all the toms and perhaps kick off the TD-25? I believe I've read the D5 inputs are more flexible? Triggering upstream should be fine?

Thanks for reading.