News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drum sounds attack a2e to Drumit 5

Started by Pret, August 29, 2017, 04:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pret

Made a2e snare conversion using Intrigg with 13" Maple snare and also installed brand new Roland KD-120 kick.
Both hooked up to Drumit 5 and the setting were tuned to obtain the sounds to match the control sounds as much as possible (control - by Drumit 5 buttons)
In general the sounds indeed resemble the once generated by module buttons in each respective kit I've chosen (except of certain rim of snare I'm discussing in different thread), however I notice the attack of the stick hit or mallet on kick does not generated.
Pressing the button on the module I hear definite attack sound on the hit, however actual stick hit has not such effect..
Tried various settings for the pads, so far settled on:
Snare: Pad12, Gain 8, Threshold -48, Curve Normal
Kick: Pad12, Gain 15, Threshold -36, Curve Normal

Any thoughts ?

welshsteve

I too use the intrigg trigger and they're great! BUT you need a lot more gain for it. I have mine set to 17! It's high right, but compared to other triggers I have used (Ddrum, 2box Trigit, Pintech) they are no way as hot, so they need more gain!

On your other thread I have listed a general set up suggestion on how to set your gain, threashold and curve. You're threshold will need to go up too, -48 is the lowest setting and should be set so your lightest tap triggers but below that, it doesn't.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

I can't comment on the KD-120 as I have never used it, but follow the steps for gain setting on it too (loudest hit registers a -3 db reading)

You should be able to set it fine, you might need more gain, but when you do that, your threshold will need to be raised too.

Pret

Well, I figure Gain 9-12 for snare is good enough in my case, the sound is strong and clean, works very good, on my strong hits reaches -2 -3dB
However, still, the attack is noticeably lesser then that heard pressing snare button..
Did not found any setting parameter in the module that would address attack slope steepness

The same goes for kick, the sound itself is good and indeed the gain had to be raised to around 15-17, however the attack slope is weaker then the button generates...

welshsteve

The button triggers at full velocity (unless you set it lower in system) I think you need to up the gain. It's the same sound after all. Maybe the curve could be a steeper one than the "norm" one too.

Pret

Yes, should be the same sound.
In fact, the sound in the whole is indeed the same, just an initial attack is not. Gain beefs up the main sound but does not seem to affect the steepness of the attack
Will try to play around a bit more with settings...